Warzone Beat Battle - May 27-28, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fade's "Dirty Back Alley Bedroom Retarded" Review:

@Amnesia - Really dope intro. What stood out to me was that snare! Good track overall, the gunshots add some nice flavor.

@A.R. DASUPASTAR - It's the drums. I think I mentioned this in an episode of AOTB - try using a drum loop already made and build on that. Stick with that piano at the beginning and add some delay to it.

@Armani - Very hype beat. Well done. Good mix. If anything it sounds like music playing in a chase scene for a movie like Mission Impossible. Like Tom Cruise is running after some guy in an Iranian market.

@Face Valid - Very dope. At first I thought the vocal snippets were a bit too much but they fit very well. Dope vibe. I just wish the drums had just a bit more hype to them.

@FrankyZ - I really like this industrial type of sound. I wasn't sure at first but then realized it works. I would love to hear lyrics over this.

@Fury Beats - The synth in reverse sounds good but when the drums come in for me it's anti-climactic. I like the mellow vibe of the track, I think the drums should be more prominent though.

@guitardep - Piano is super smooth. Drums could hit a bit harder. Bass is slightly heavy but good. Guitar is on point, of course!

@Iron Keys - I'm cripple walking right now with my walker. Nice bounce. Drums smack nicely. The percussion just throws me off a bit. I'm getting a tad bit of West Coast Iranian vibe.

@KiloOnTheBeat - Intro is a bit long but transitions nicely into the beat. The mix is on point. Drums and low end are just right. Melody is nice, just could use a slight variation at one point.

@LiveLargeBeats - I really like this beat. Piano twiddle on the right is nice. Drums and strings are well done. The only thing is the mix - the whole thing just sounds hollow like it's in another room almost. What happened?

@Mahlhavoc - Good job on the drums, hits nicely. I really like the scary sounds in this one. It's just the string melody is okay, I would stick with the scary low end.

@Mefisto Beats - I really like this one because it's hype, it's just that bass end just throws me off a bit. I was waiting for a variation of it at one point. But the drums are nice, and the organ(?) near the end is really good.

@pressBIBLEthump - Just like that other beat, I would say use a drum break first and work around that. That synth at the beginning plus a dope drum break would be a great place to start.

@sicalbeats - Nice little string loop at the start, but really nice once it changes up. Drums hit nicely. Good vocal snippets and scratches.

@Vossi Beats - Nice intro. Drums are on point. Bass is a bit much, I was waiting for some changeups on that. The melody is dope though, I like how it changes. Good transitions.

@YannFer - Horns are dope. I thought the beginning was just the loop and you had drums on top, but realized those are the drums. I think the sample you have plus some harder drums would be dope! Good composition though.

KiloOnTheBeat

Battle Points: 77
Wow I'm genuinely shocked I won as there were so many good beats here. Great job to everyone that joined. @Mahlhavoc if youre referring to my beat i will take any critique you may have but i can assure you i did not use any loops. I despise them to a T. I just went for a more casual drum pattern (Repetitive an all) and just broke it up with pauses and an open hat solo. But I'm with you on loops for sure. Thanks to everyone that voted for me. And @Amnesia the way your beat just kept throwing a new sound was keeping me listen till the end.

Well done @KiloOnTheBeat on the win, well deserved but that was tough, great competition in @Amnesia!

All that bravado on the lead up what happened guys?

Its Good GIF by VERZUZ

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Wow I'm genuinely shocked I won as there were so many good beats here. Great job to everyone that joined. @Mahlhavoc if youre referring to my beat i will take any critique you may have but i can assure you i did not use any loops. I despise them to a T. I just went for a more casual drum pattern (Repetitive an all) and just broke it up with pauses and an open hat solo. But I'm with you on loops for sure. Thanks to everyone that voted for me. And @Amnesia the way your beat just kept throwing a new sound was keeping me listen till the end.
you had my vote

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Mahlhavoc - Good job on the drums, hits nicely. I really like the scary sounds in this one. It's just the string melody is okay, I would stick with the scary low end.
yeah, thats what I always get, drums bang n melody is shit. I couldn't come up with anything else since it is a standalone beat without vocals figured it needed some sort of melody. I knew it was garbage, but only thing recent I had.

Forgive me father for I will have to sin again and RIP everyone in this battle.

Trick Or Treat Halloween GIF
I wouldn't normally, but I'll let this one pass since you made it sound like something ayatollah would appreciate with that flute thingy + it's hot
Vossi seems to be 15 astronauts. that's a lot of astronauts.
and Pappas is bluffing as usual

being a part of this is already a win. indeed a true clash of the cocks.
I TOLD YOU. Fucking bluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online