Week of April 17, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill o.g.
This sample proved to be quite challenging for me personally. It was rather difficult to peg down a melody...but I have everything tracked out and am about to go through the mix :p. I'll post it by tomorrow.

Bigrob - I was about to review yours but your soundclick player doesn't seem to be opening. Let's see if it works when I get back.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
aiight then here we go!!

check it out an you know i got the reviews when you guys drop links.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3808860&q=hi

Oh big rob, i think i figured out whats up with the link. It's soundclick itself, the site is fucking up hella. basically every other click for me it loads the same page I got when I clicked on yours. I just click back an click again an it should work. So everyone, until SC is fixed, click and reclick until it works lol.

yeah, just as i thought, on the 4th click i got yours to work rob.

bigrob

ahaa oooh shit. I like this, this is a tight flip man. I dig the melody an groove of this. Everything works together well, that vibe is real nice. Only thing i could point out was the snare was a lil too dry an seemed to stand out because of it. The change up was cool too though. The transition back to the main melody was a lil rough, but everything sounded good altogether. Nice flip bro, an like i said the arrangement was on point.

ill o.g.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=425648&songID=3808915

I get the feeling that I overdid the EQ on the violins and reverb on the kicks, this mix feels a bit lifeless to me. The original felt a lot more raw, funeral-esque. My girl says that the climactic moment (you'll see) sounds weird...I was trying to create a scrambling sort of effect. Experimentation and all that good stuff.

Gonna switch onto my basic computer then listen and comment.

bigrob: tight flip, I really like the melody. The bassline seems to clash with the violins once in a rare while. The changeup is coo. This has got a very oldschool sort of feel to it, which I definitely like!

5th: Whoa. I'm really liking this. The hats seem rather pronounced, but I'm the one new to mixing, so who knows, maybe that's how they work best :). I especially like the layering; you start out with those simple three notes then add on the main melody. Awesome.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I'ma flip the sample..but i can't review cus i don't have speakers on my i net computer..:s sorry guys..

Hope u don't get mad at me.. hehe..;) Normally i'd always review everyones beats.. yall know that!

Peace

O

open mind

thanks all.yeah the snare is too much man.iam not sure about the bassline in the hookpart if it fits.

LINK is working!

O

open mind

Da Reviews

yeah man after the 4th click link will work i have same prob WTF?soundlick being hacked or wut?

5th sequence "sample flip #8"
grimey grimey feel to it.nice bassline i dunno why but the hihats i dont feel maybe they to loud or sumtin the chops are on point nice baked cake nice changups with the drums and yes the 3 notes at the begining then layering the main melody over it and then let the 3 notes faded out was good idea n very creative sounds great! u know what u doin homie.i like this.

deStructuralize "Ides (Ill Muzik Flip #8)"
wow crazy flipin man also great bassline the bells fits good. the reverse changup is fucking ill.i didnt expect that it hit me like a upercut lol.fits great man

so far iam feelin both flips lookin fo more.....

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Big Rob - I dig your track and the bass is on point. It’s some head bobbin ish! The only thing I’m not feeling is the hook/change-up starting at 0:46, but at the same time the transition back to the main groove is tight. You got something good going with the first several bars. Good job homey

5th - After the intro (cool reverse) I was expecting Redman to go “Haaaaaa!!!!” lol, Ill shit right there mayne. Snare sounding good in the headphones. Excellente!

deStructuralized - Nice flip, ,that bell really stands out, that’s not a bad thing. (I always liked that sound, Hail Mary) I like how you went for it on the big breakdown. (1:04) Gotta take chances and get real funky with that shit.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
yes big rob some dangerous shit lol
nice chops well i'll reveiw some more when soundclick allows me here is mine

here is mine nutting big its called Flippin Stringz

www.betarecords.com/g2.productionz

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
reviews........

bigrob: honestly i think this is the tighest shit i have heard from u, in my opinion, the chops are fucking sick!!!! this is some straight premo shit for real, the melody u came up with is serious man, great fucking job, i am def. diggin this track, had me spitting a little freestyle on it and i dont even rap, haha

5th sequence: didnt think i was gonna like this track before the drums dropped and it all made sense, very nice, i love the breakdown in this joint, picked some tight parts of the sample, chops are on point like always, killin it man, like i said before your drums kill your tracks!!! keep grindin homie

deStructuralize: very nice chops man, i see u went the dark and mellow vibe, the drums def. need to be turned up a little more, but i am def feelin it man, i also like the bell u dropped in there, fits really nice, good job man!

lilhatedon: very nice man, chops are crazy! feelin the whold vibe of the track, the drums are on point, everything is sounding really nice, i also like the breakdown u threw in there, good shit man, keep up the good work homie

I am seeing that there are a lot more people joining this every week and i am seeing everyones chopping abilites improve every week, i am very impressed with the flips we have so far

i hope i get a chance to flip this, but semester winding down for me and a lot of work, i will squeeze it in sometime this week

O

open mind

lilhatedon
weird flipin this could fit great to a horror psycho killer flick huntin sum B***** in the wood or sumtin.crazy bassline also.

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/sampleflip8-mp3.html

Thats my attempt so far. I might go back and add to it, but right now I don't feel like it.

5th sequence: You really made it so that you couldn't even tell what you sampled. Good stuff.
lilhatedon: This has a nice quirky crazy feel to it.
bigrob: This is probably my fav so far. Has that nice east coast boom bap feel to it.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
big rob - That shit is on point. im lovin the chops, very creative. drums were on point. wasnt feelin the change up transition, seemd a lil off some how. otherwise i liked it.

5th - started off nice and mellow. then when those chops came in, i was like wtf.. no.. he aint that good ;).. nah... then the beat dropped and i was like yeaa thats my shit. i liked it, good work.

destruct. - these chops are creative, which is good and they blend nicely. im likin that bell. but yea these chops is crazy man. good shit. Ayyyyyyy that reverse was on point. props.

lil hate the don - feelin the intro. at first i wasnt feelin the chops, but as the beat goes on, u start bringin it out smoother, i like this. i like the breakdown where the high strings come out. stay up.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
lol..

yeah I wasnt feelin my beat myself. It was hard as hell to make any type of intro for it. I got like 5 different versions of it they all sound cracked out an retarded until the sample gets filtered an the bass line hits.

deStructuralize
ahh this is tight yo. This arrangement was really cool, it changed up pretty nicely. Slightly rough in a few spots, but overall really nice. the bells that came in sounded a lil cheezy, but i got the idea you were going for tight concept. Drums were cool too, they fit the sample. Just wish they hit a lil harder, i think they'd carry the beat better. Cool shit man.

SoChi
This was cool man, i dig the arrangement. Seemed a lil empty maybe cuz the sample was a lil thin in the spot you flipped, but it all sounded good together. Drum pattern was cool too, nothin i could say accept a possible change up would have been fresh. Maybe some drum drops and creative splashes would touch it up. Nice stuff flip over all though, i dig it.

ill o.g.
Picking up where I left off. Thanks for the feedback ya'll...I definitely need to work on my mixes. Hopefully I'll pin it next time.

5th: word, lately I've been searching for different VSTi's and soundsets 'cause most of the instruments that come stock for MIDI on my PC sound cheesy as hell...lol. Tried bringing the drums forward for this mix, but it sounds like I didn't do so enough; I'm starting to suspect my speakers have a bias towards low frequencies.

don: I think that this is a really interesting (in a positive way) arrangement from the chops on the strings to the bassline itself. Very trippy, I'm feeling it.

SoChi: This is another interesting flip. I especially like the main loop. I would add a bassline and maybe a harder hitting snare. In the break I like the part when the high chord of strings punches in.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
destruc, try lowering the volume of all the samples but leave the drums. This is a huge, HUGE thing to get used to. It makes the drums loud without trying to compress everything to shit to get higher levels. compress things, let it breath, but lower the volume of the sample so the drums are wherever you want them to be at. A solid mix is better than a loud one on any day.

AKManilla

ill o.g.
Yo, when do u have to have yours in by?

I started mine last night, found some DOPE parts at the end of the record! GRAFIK u nice on the selection homie!

I have a couple sequences done and I think yall will like it, try to get it posted tonite , 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online