Week of April 17, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Ruimix
ooooh shit, i dig this brotha. This is tight, its crazy but it all works. the term "organized noise" comes to mind. Drums are on point, fit the track like a glove. That scratching part in there couldnt be more perfect, made the whole vibe on some underground hip hop intro type essence. Nice!!

Sanova
This wasnt that bad. I liked that breakdown after a minute better than the actual main melody. That shit was tight!! you should do an alternate mix of that part from 1 minute to 1min an 10 seconds. What you did with everything else was alright, didnt grab me in any way really but it wasnt awkward an it all worked. but you have that part in there that is really really sick, expand that vibe into a whole beat if you can i'd want to hear it. Nice work

ill o.g.
Sanova - actually, I liked this flip. The main melody is interesting without being too distracting. Nice work with the keys. Adds another dimension to the vibe of the whole thing. The break is especially tight; it's got a sort of spacial/trippy feel that I like. As a side note (this is simply personal preference) I'd go for a stronger/grittier sounding kick. Nice overall.

Ruimixx: Nice! I'm not hearing a main melody but these chops remind me of someone cutting at the turntables. The scratches accent this piece well. Overall this is very layered and textured, so it's got a live, professional quality to it.

Edit: I'll be out of town until late Sunday night/Monday morning...if there's net access wherever I'm headed I'll be sure to post some reviews up. If not, I'll peep the beats when I get back. Happy flipping.

O

oddcouple

yo can someone send me this sample via email...I can't download it...?

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Sanova - This was a good flip. I really thought the piano was fucking dope and the bass was sounding real good. What do you use for that bassline man? Not that I would use that <grin>

Yo 5th and destructur! Thanks for the review, and yea deStructuralize, I want to start working on main melodies and making complete songs in general now that I'm getting more comfortable with my slice and chops, ya dig?

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
Slow Pain agressive style beat man like to hear some real hard lyrics on this beat nice

sanova tuf beat break down is cold bass is dope to feelin the keys u drop in there to

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Sanova- This was a nice flip. I liked that Drag Rap piano. Overall, everything seemed to blend together nicely. Except that the snare seemed to be a little overpowering or maybe it was that the beat needs a little bit harder kick. Regardless of all that though; I was feelin' this joint. Nice work!

Ruimixx- This would be a whole lot better if it was longer! LOL! I was gettin' into it and then it was over! lol I like the way you attacked this one. Being that I'm a DJ scratching is always a good thing in the mix. That pause in the middle set it off. The beat has a good strong presence and sound. Good job.

Big Rob- For someone who does'nt do alot of sampling you sure hooked this one up. This was a well put together flip. Chops are on point and blend in well with the drums. Composer skills are well noted. Nice Joint!

5th- I only have one word for this joint and it is.....FUNKY! I was lovin' this groove right here! At first I was like, "Damn those are some tight ass drums." Then that bass kicked in I was like "Oh Shit!!" I was bitin' my fist like I just saw the finest apple bottom in the world. LOL! Dope stuff Bro'.

Well, here's my flip. Straight raw off tha' MPC as usual; with some words from tha' man sprinkled on top! It's the one called Political Prisoner.
http://www.soundclick.com/djohten

I'll post some more reviews later when I get back from physical therapy.
ONE

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
O-H-TEN said:
Sanova-
I was bitin' my fist like I just saw the finest apple bottom in the world.

LOL word thanks man. I think my beat sounds retarded up until the bass comes in.

review..

Damn dude!! the illest so far in my opinion. I love this, it flows so smoothly. that string build up at the end of the 4th bar is heavenly. all this needs is an MC, only thing i could possibly comment on was a drum change up would have been nice. This was dope though, feelin the energy from it, beat was way live.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
O-H-TEN - No you didn't put Tony Montana on your track mang! Lol! Great flip Matches perfect with the sound clip. They should re-score that movie with beats like this for real.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
sochi: not letting me play your track on that site, holla at me with another link

Ruimixx: damn! this shit is gangsta as fuck, didnt think anyone would flip it like this, the chops are def. on point, and the change are really nice, the drums are knockin and i like the vocals u added on the beat at the end it added some nice flavor to it, good flip man, was def feelin it, keep grindin

O-H-TEN: this joint is really tight man, i like the use of the strings in this joint, very dark and grimmy feel to it, lol and i like that u put the scarface vocals ontop of the beat, makes me wanna watch the movie again, haha, good flip man, feelin it

sanova: very nice man, chops are def on point, and like i said before, def has a west coast vibe to it with those keys, kinda sound like bells, good shit man, keep grindin

AKManilla

ill o.g.
Oh-Ten- That is fuckin dope man! I luv that! Very creative chops and that scarface shit is ill, good for a inerlude on a album! AWESOME!

5th Sequence- Chops for the melody are dope, but sound too pitched until the bass drops, ill! Bassline is raw too! Very nice!
Drums on point too, premo'esque, Nice work!

Rumixxx- Nice chops, but has no real melody to it! Drums bang hard though, that chuck-d or whoever that is that coms in is nice ! Overal nice work, nice chops homie!

Sanova- Piano is ill as fuk! Nice bassline as well, but that ppiano is illy! Feelin this one so laid back mang! nice work! But didnt like that change up.

BigRob- Nice premo chops! Like the change up too! Could have some louder more aggresive drums and changes to the drums, pretty monotonous! Overall dope!!!

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
AKManilla

This is tight man, this gives me a james bond feel for some reason. I like the drums, they sound really good an the sample is really smooth. The change up is tight too. That ending part where its just the drums is dope, reminds me of this Gangstarr song i forget the name of.Nice work i actually wouldnt change anything keep it as is.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
AKManilla said:
Rumixxx- Nice chops, but has no real melody to it! Drums bang hard though, that chuck-d or whoever that is that coms in is nice !

Thanks AK, That at the end of my flip is Ice Cube the Don Mega, homey.

Yo GRAFIK where's your flip at? Either your busy as hell or you must have somethin real good bubblin over there. cheyeaahh!

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Grafik: heres another link http://download.yousendit.com/F737571E2DFF63FF

Sanova: I like the instrumentation you added you added to it and I like the overall feel you were able to put together.

AKManilla: This is dope too. This sounds like a good theme song to put on a movie. It would definitely be better for somethin' MI3 than that stuff Kanye did.

O-H-TEN: I really like this. The way you put it all together is real smooth, and I like the use of the Scarface vocals.

I don't know if I missed anybody, but everybody I've heard has done a real good job and has managed to flip the sample in a different way.

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I've just gone backwards through the thread and listened to all the beats and I've got some feedback. Not much technical shit, just what caught my ear.

AKManilla
That's sick man, really polished and professional sounding. Very new school. You know what, I can't even think of how to criticise it. The clap snare makes it sound a bit clubby if anything, I don't know if that's what you were going for. But quality stuff anyways

O-H-Ten
Nice beat, I like the drums. And the sweeping strings at the end of the 4th bar, that's heavy. But I've gotta say Scarface has been sampled to death, it's played out

SoChi
Nicely chopped up sample, the drums seem to overpower it though. I would EQ the sample or suttin' to make it stand out more

Bigrob
I like the vibe of this beat, drums and bass are nice, as is the switch-up. Top beat man

deStructuralized

The bell sound's good, it gives the beat character. Bass fits really well. That bit where it goes crazy, what's that about? It's like you had a heart attack when you were making it. It's heavy though, gives it an unexpected twist. Really good shit

Lilhatedon

Really well structured beat, like how the bass stands out, it's original sounding. And when it switches, that's mint

5th Sequence

It's got a good bounce to it, but you know how it filters out and gets bassy? I was expecting the full fat sound to come back in for the chorus or suttin'. I dunno, maybe you would do that if you structured it for a rapper. Phat drums as well

And I would say to everyone that the standard's really high, some proper good producers on this forum. Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.