Week of March 27, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Aaaaaiiight. I got my shitty lil version up now. I got burnt out with this one but decided to post it anyways. I didnt get all into it as I did the last one. The mixing is off too, kinda just said fuck it in the middle of it. I'm gonna review everyone elses shit in a minute.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3714374&q=hi

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3714374&q=lo

EVERYONES SHIT!!
m.s.
i liked the sample part you used, that is really nice. The change up works too. The drums were pretty crazy but they work. I figured you'd do soemthin different with the drums based on the sample you used, but thats me. Nice stuff

knoxraw
This was cool when the beat dropped. I liked that snare and bass. My only thing is all of the sounds are straight grimey EXCEPT for the really clean hihat. Kinda makes it stand out cuz its so clean, but everything sounded nice other than that. The 2nd change up worked as well. The change up at 2:45 was cool I like what you did with that.

Grafik This is it!!! hell yeah man this is that mellow shit I knew someone would come with. I'm puttin my chips on yours lol, was definitely nice. The change ups all sounded good, drums were laid back an fit the sample like a glove.

StressOne
This was pretty sick. I used the same part of the sample you did, it was a sick riff I figured it'd get used a lot. I like the drums they are real clean. The breakdown is really nice too. The spot after a minute seems to lose the vibe for a minute, but I really like how you put that lil saxaphone peice in there. I tried incorperatin that shit too but couldnt get it to fit. Nice work man.

Luminous
I like the sample part you decided to work with. This was cool, you made a whole nother vibe from the "obvious" parts of the sample you know. Nice work with that. Drums seemed a lil too spacy/reverbery but it still sounded nice. Not much else to say on this one, good job.

Slic da Relic
The beat itself was alright but the fact that you made what you made using the sample you used makes it really nice. Created a whole other sound than from what was available. I really dig it when people go that extra mile an come with some shit that nobody sees. this was one of em.

Vince
The bass seemed a bit much. First thing I noticed, but the sample itself was cool. I liked what you did with it. Gets kinda repetitive, but that change up is nice!! This was a cool direction you took it. that thing at the end was cool too lol.

Ruimixx
This was cool but the sample was waaaaaay low. All I could hear really were the drums. Definitely work on the mixing if you can, it'll bring everything together much better. Try compressing the sample to bring it up some more also.

Grafik, hands down you get the crown. Really nice flip, really nice sample, really nice sample flippage contestage by everyone lol.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Fth! I really dig your flip. Your were zoning on that! The mix sounded professional on my system. That's a rock ya to get knocked out beat. Lol! Thanks for the feedback on my beat. I reposted with some alterations in the mix and the snare. I got a long way to go, I'm trying to develop that ear. Everyone who participated in this is on some very real musicianship type shit fo real <I'm trying to hang and learn at the same time>
Peace ILL Fam!

JazzFlip_2.0
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3715213&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3715213&q=hi

PEACE

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Graf you did kill this bitch. If it was a battle I would have picked you. Good shit!
Overall I think everyone killed this shit in they own little way. It's cool to see how many tracks can come out of one. And they say we're not musicians. BTW how old are you cats? I feel mad old when I'm on these boards.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
5th sequence: very grimmy feel too, wow, to be honest i think yours is way better then mine, chops is crazy, its like a mix between a primo and rza track, thats the feel i get, and the drums are nice and crisp, very nice track man, i would say this is a keeper, ill fucking flip, in my opinion you took it...................

ruimixx: very nice i think i listened to this before im just too lazy to go and look if i did, anyway, the delay on the chops is really nice, and the bass is really deep and makes the drums knock, really nice man, diggin it fo real

knox raw-man i am 23, how old are you, i think i am still young but getting old

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
yo thanks grafik, appreciate the feedback on that. I still dont like mine though, I think its the mixing on it or somethin, I see it could be improved in a lot of areas but couldnt bring it to that level through all the things I tried. yours is still the king though lol.

knox, aint tryna make you feel older lol.. i'm 18 though. I think people should be measured by how many years they've invested in music though instead of their age. I've been making beats for about 7 years, and have been serious about it the past year an a half.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Man, i'll be 28 in april. So, I am an elder! I've been playin around for with equipment and making beats since '96 but , I just got real serious about making this shit official. Anyways, everybody keep up the good work and keep me looking young but, feeling old!(lol!!!!!!!!)

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Sorry dudes can't join right now.. tonight I'll get my MP and try and fix some on that.. won't be any good but this thread is open till next tuesday right? then i'll fix something hope someones willing to review it by then..

Will do some reviews in the weekend too.. 5th i know u'll review mine in the days to come man..!! u always down, same as graf!

We the loopdiggers..!! peace

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
no doubt lazy, i got the review whenever its up.

krysolite
this was sick how it all came crashin it after the slowed down sax. I like the kick drum pattern goin on, this was a good beat overall. The change up was abrupt, but once it settles in it's cool. Aaahh then it goes back lol, shit sounds nice though, change ups are thorough. Nice shit man, hit our reviews back when you get a half hour or so lol. The drum selection fit the sample perfectly in my opinion. The saxaphone pattern was cool but somethin about that muted sound was sittin right to my ears. Musically everything was cool, but the sound itself bein repeated got to me after a bit lol. Nice work though

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
krysolite: wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this track is hard, i wasnt expecting this at all, i like the drums fit the track perfectly and the the little scratches here and there, are serious man, i am really feelin this man, you are doin it big, excellent flip homie!

Status
Not open for further replies.