Week of March 27, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
first. THAnks for the comments. i was originally plannin on flippin the pianos at the beginning with different pitches, then im like.. this isnt working, so i did a basic paino thing with it, chopped up the horns and threw it in and made it the main part.

5th: DAMMM. that was CRAZY. master chopper. honestly i was skimming thru and froze when i heard urs. lol and ur sayin its ur shitty version. how long did this take u man? nothing really to say man. that beat was smooth. strings and pizzicato mann. those were like hidden in the track, well. that was some sic chopping. lol.

ruimixx: not bad. but i think there were too many gaps w/o anything but drums. like u shuda thrown on some effects or like a background thing mebe soft piano or strings or somtn yakno. but it was smooth when the samples came in so that was nice.

slik: its different man. i think the pizz shud be a bit louder or somtn. or mebe its the shit speakers im using rite now. filtered up the samples. nice nice. not much to say about this tho. i think it lacking layers tho. o wait u made another one. is afrikaan flip the first one? ye this ones muchhhhhh better. if its the sample. that string or w/e it is u used sounds sic man. good job.

vince: not bad. real smooth too. not really feelin the bass tho. the notes rnt bad, just the bass sound. the samples shud be brought up to. kinda just sitting in the backgroud. but besides that. overall this is realll nice too. good job with it.

knox: real kicked back man. i love this feeling. MANN. lounge/jazz type beats r soooo sic. just grab a cold beer or a coffee in the basement with the music and some people. ahhh. ye man. k-os wud be on this. loll. picture it.

graf: uhhhh lol yo i was listenin to the original one for like a minute. im like.. WTH.. did he even do ANyTHING? then im like. mebe he did the drums. then i saw the one under it lol. anyway this beat is pretty good. nice chops and everything. just lacking that lustree yakno? but ye its still good to listen to. real smooth too.

stress: cool drumming. LOL o dam, we used the same part... didnt realize. WOWW. everyone, i didnt bite him. loll. ye man this beat is nice man. the diff parts comin in. nice variations. i like em alot. nice beat.

ok yo my sound froze on me. ill restart and finish this

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
slik - Just checked out the second flip and gotta say that has a ill vibe to it. Very creative with the delay. I could imagine Devin the Dude doin somethin on this. Good job mayne

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
O.K. here is my attempt at the flip. I did'nt really mix it down (final) it's just the raw joint out of my MPC. I threw some vocals on it just for fun. (I love doing remixes) If they're a little off; don't sweat it. I did everything real quick & on the fly. Here's tha' link.... : http://www.soundclick.com/djohten
Just go to Illmuzik Flip. I'll kick in some critiques asap. I'm being kicked out of my studio which doubles as a guest room and we have guests. LOL!
ONE

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
LMAO!!! yo, this shit is PHAT!!! so, u wanna battle???!!! lol.... vocals add alot to this shit... i see. im gonna keep it instrumental, but u are ready for some beat battles, unless youve been doin them already.... HATS OFF FAM!!! SHIT WAS CRAZY!!!

da relic

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I might be able to. I'll get back to you tonight about it i'm not sure. Depends on what I find when I dig through my records, I don't normally sample full songs.

I have a recording session tonight so I may not get to it but i'll try.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
i know it might be a bit late but i did a little something some nice variations by you guys check mine out its on my beta records page

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online