Week of March 6, 2006

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

f1ndforty

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Yeah, I'm workin it out. So far no one's gone the direction that I hear the beat, so that's good it will be fresh hopefully. I like your flip, I just think you need to bring some heavier drums to lift the tempo to give it that vibe. Those horns are too unique and crazy I want to take my time on this one. A flip like this needs to be well thought out and there's so much going on in the track. Give me until this time tomorrow I'm workin on this all night.

Ruimixx: I like where you're going with the beat. Just listen to that short clip you have on soundclick over and over until the song cries; let it breathe!

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I'ma work overnight on mines so it will be visible in bout 14 hours.. lol. My parents had there marriage anniversary yesterday so i had to get out of the lab, plus i had to do a kev brown remix for a beat contest out here in holland i'll post that remix in the showcase for feed to make sure you guys help me win the contest haha...

Just stay on the look out for my shit... peace

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
I just saw this thread.

Ehh...

EEHHH i guess i'll do it. I want to come out of left feild with it though lets see what I come up with.

*powers on the lab*

When I saw the title of the sample "007" or whatever I almost flipped. I had just sampled a song that had some sort of 007 theme to it and made an ill ass beat with it. I was gonna shit bricks if it was somehow the same sample but it wasnt.

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
where the sample at?

GRAFIK said:
I want to do another thread where I will post a sample and watch how different producers flip it. I justed wanted to know if everyone who uses samples is intrested in doing this. Fade is going to move this thread to the showcase eventually. The sample is the theme song from 007 goldfinger. I had this old record and never really used it, so flip away, can't wait to see what people come up with.

Oh yeah and the sample is not the greatest quality, but it can be cleaned up.

Here's the sample: ILLMUZIK SAMPLE

www.soundclick.com/grafik

the link dont work. ???

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Holly Scott said:
the link dont work. ???

I think you gotta be logged onto soundclick as a member to download it. I just checked and it's working fine.

Yo Ruimixx - I like how you flipped it, but like GRAFIK mentioned, if you throw in some hard hitting drums that shit would really bump. Nice Job!

GRAFIK - I'm down with the weekly or bi-weekly sample flip. It's a good chance to sharpen the skills and see how other heads flip the same sample to thier own style. I like this shit...keep it going!

In case you missed my flip:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=479929

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
I just saw this thread.

Ehh...

EEHHH i guess i'll do it. I want to come out of left feild with it though lets see what I come up with.

*powers on the lab*

When I saw the title of the sample "007" or whatever I almost flipped. I had just sampled a song that had some sort of 007 theme to it and made an ill ass beat with it. I was gonna shit bricks if it was somehow the same sample but it wasnt.

good man, wasn't tryin to fuck your game up man!

B

Burna

f1ndforty said:
rofl all u kids tellin me to quit spammin my site...umm 123 stfu? k.

The whole fucking concept for illmuzik is for up-and-coming producers (i.e. ......ME, and you all) to promote their music and for it to be heard. That's exactly what I'm doing and you're telling me to stop umm ok so no one ever post a link so you can hear a beat ok?

dude, your NOT PROMOTING MUSIC, you fucking retard. You're SPAMMING and TRYING to get your site out there but THERES NOTHING THERE HOMIE, NOONE CARES ABOUT "COMING SOON!" smh, jeez.. i mean god damn son give me a fucking breake. and get off the ILLMuzik trip, it's to promote your music and inside opinion about HIP-HOP, not about your on site and what you did to it. If that was the case there'd be a fuckin' "show us your work" section, but i havn't seen one yet. so IF YOU GOT BEATS, WAIT AND POST THEM ON THE SHOWCASE, if you ENTERED THIS FLIPPIN'-CONTEST then GET A SOUNDCLICK > UPLOAD IT > THEN POST AGAIN. till then STOP SPAMMING YOUR BULLSHIT, YOURE MAKING "IM" LOOK BAD HOMIE.

B

Burna

Relic said:
^Whoah hey ease back fellas I'm sure he gets the idea.
Just put the link in the sig line at about a hundred posts and you'll be good there 40.
Cant "Spam" tho.

Booooooo :argue:

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
J-Rezyn - Ill flip, I love the way the whole feel changes like around 0:48. For me that's when the beat got real interesting.

Grafik - Again, kick ass. The way you had the vocalist do the kiss of death death death is like daauyumm! I felt like robbin’ a liquer store when I heard this.

Thanks for the feedback on mine fellas, I feel like finding some better drumz and reposting.

Peace

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
f1ndforty said:
rofl all u kids tellin me to quit spammin my site...umm 123 stfu? k.

The whole fucking concept for illmuzik is for up-and-coming producers (i.e. ......ME, and you all) to promote their music and for it to be heard. That's exactly what I'm doing and you're telling me to stop umm ok so no one ever post a link so you can hear a beat ok?

Its against the rules to spam ur site. its already in ur profile. read the rules and u'll be fine. us tellin u to stop is worse than ur posts being deleted? i think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.