Week of March 6, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
tre beats, feelin the drums, aint feelin the brass, when i flipped it i used it too, it just sounds iono wierd to me (the brass not ur track).

I wasnt feelin the intro. once the beat dropped i was feelin it a lil more. i just would like to hear more chops from other parts of the song in there.

JBM:
lmao, this sounds nothing like the sample in the begining. with is good. I like this. ur mad creative. "m mistah". hm i like this. i wasnt feelin it when the "hes the man" was droppin. but over al lgood flip.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
jbm - nice flip. Just what Relic said though, some parts were very low. Fix the levels and it'll be tight. Nice work.

trebeatz - You definitely came from a different direction and flipped it. The beat drops nice.

jbm

16 Pads
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Thanks guys i only had my MP a week so I haven't really got around to mixing. some of the sample were low i just dled the sample and took my MP with me to work.Hehe sometimes in the Army I get some down time.

J-Rezyn, you raised the bar with how you flipped the sample. nice job for real!

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
tre beats, feelin the drums, aint feelin the brass, when i flipped it i used it too, it just sounds iono wierd to me (the brass not ur track)
yeah i know what you mean, it frustrates me, ill chop for 20 minutes, and when im flippin it just aint soundin hot, so im like fuck it man and i move on to the next sample cus i aint gonna spend you know 10 more minutes gettin some chops

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I've been saying this for three days now.. but been too fucking busy on this remix tonight i'ma really try and flip the sample, cus it's a dope sample but it's hard to flip....

Can't listen to them other cats on my work but am eager to hear how you guys flipped the shit out of it..

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
alright guys i just talked to fade and i know you guys wanted to make this sample flipping a weekly thing and it now will be, i will post a sample every monday and it will last until sunday of that week, if for some reason i am busy and can't post a sample i will have another illmuzik member post a sample. I also wanna do a judging for it as well later, but for now this is cool. Its time to step up your sampling game................

ps- when i get my sound fixed on my computer i will listen to your tracks, but i've got no sound at the moment, keep flippin guys............

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
jbm said:
Thanks guys i only had my MP a week so I haven't really got around to mixing. some of the sample were low i just dled the sample and took my MP with me to work.Hehe sometimes in the Army I get some down time.

J-Rezyn, you raised the bar with how you flipped the sample. nice job for real!

Thanks for the feedback jbm. Your flip was nice and you only had your MP for a week...I look forward to hearing more from you. The Army huh? Respect bro and stay safe!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
rummix- yeah it sounds much better with those hard hitting drums, this shit is hot, i like the flip man, good job

krys- wow! nice chops man, i am def. feelin this joint right here, you doin it man, good job

knox- nice chops man, i like the way you chops those strings up, sounds ill, excellent work

jbm- nice chops man, sound quality could be a little better, but it is fucking ill, got my head nodding

trebeatz- sounds very choppy, and i like the way the horns drop in, and drums are knockin, good flip man

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Glad that this is gonna be a weekly thing. props.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Interesting selection GRAFIK. This one is gonna be some work! I can't wait to see how this one gets flipped! Yo GRAF, you might want to make this a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. People might still think it's the last 007 sample flip.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
J-ReZyN said:
Interesting selection GRAFIK. This one is gonna be some work! I can't wait to see how this one gets flipped! Yo GRAF, you might want to make this a new thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. People might still think it's the last 007 sample flip.

yeah we gonna do it like that, there will be a new thread each week so it doesnt get lost...

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
trebeatz said:
alright, heres my quick flip, didnt spend a whole lot of time on it but i think its aight for the sample given

in a final draft, the intro would be longer, but i timestretched it so you guys wouldn't have to hear it, as im sure uve already listened to it multiple times when flippin or whatever

here it is
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3634312&q=hi

oh my god!!!!!!! this joint is fucking ill tre..........i am feelin this shit fo real, you brought your A game, i can't to do my flip, about to smoke then i'm gonna get down, excellent flip tre...........

Status
Not open for further replies.