Week of May 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yes! No more beethoven!!! HAHA! I'm finna bring the heat with this one. CHEEYEA!

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's time for MOOOOOOORE FLIPPAAAAAGE.

:::pLAY GAME SHOW MUSIC:::

That's right, I'm gonna do a game show called "MORE FLIPPAGE!"

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well, I just gave this a couple of listens, and man, what a great song. Thanks Grafik, this makes me want to find some more delfonics stuff.

peace

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
I'm guessing you got this one of a "Best of Delfonics" album :p

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey thanks T.R.O I'm new to the delfonics. (I'm guessing from Vince's comment that delfonics are/were sampled a bunch?) Imma cop that definitive collection AZAP! yea!

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
T.R.O. said:
yup
Track 16 on La-La Means I Love You: The Definitive Collection
This sample flippage sample isn't "La-La Means I Love You." It's "Tell Me This Is A Dream." Sorry if I'm not supposed to reveal sample titles or something like that! I'm not familiar with sample ettiquette or anything yet!

But Yo! Ya'll got to check out that "Ready Or Not Here I Come" track from the Delfonics. You will recognize it quickly! LOL They have a lot of great songs with great instruments and full sound.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
despite still working on LAST WEEK'S sample, i've managed to finish this week's first. so, here it is. as always, it's all from the sample except for the percussion. enjoy.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=145744&songID=3966047

just so you guys know, this beat came out pretty sick i think. so pump that shit so your neighbors can hear.

of course i'll do reviews later once we get some more pieces up in here.

ill o.g.
Erica Johnson said:
Sorry if I'm not supposed to reveal sample titles or something like that! I'm not familiar with sample ettiquette or anything yet
All I've gotta say is...lawyers are probably smart enough to sift through hip-hop forums ;).

I'll start on this tomorrow, reviews after that.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I'm such an asshole. I always say I will participate, then I don't. This time I will bring it. Believe that. LMAO!

T.R.O.

ill o.g.
Erica Johnson said:
This sample flippage sample isn't "La-La Means I Love You." It's "Tell Me This Is A Dream." Sorry if I'm not supposed to reveal sample titles or something like that! I'm not familiar with sample ettiquette or anything yet!

But Yo! Ya'll got to check out that "Ready Or Not Here I Come" track from the Delfonics. You will recognize it quickly! LOL They have a lot of great songs with great instruments and full sound.
i yea i knew it was "Tell Me this is a dream" 'La-La Means I Love You: The Definitive Collection" is the greatest hits album name and its track 16

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
T.R.O. said:
i yea i knew it was "Tell Me this is a dream" 'La-La Means I Love You: The Definitive Collection" is the greatest hits album name and its track 16
My bad! Father forgive me! :) Sorry again!

O

open mind

ok man first of all GRAFIK!!! what a sample thank you iam gonna down... ehm BUY all this delfonics shit they fuckin great.i loved the sample i had to do sumtin with it i liked the whole song but the middle part of it fucked me really hard so i decided to loop it because i loved the whole sequence but it didnt worked out cause of dude singing.then i wanted to chop that part and make my own melody of it but shit didnt work out but i loved this great masterpiece and i wanted to do it on any fucking cost. so u know what??!! i did it but i did it the hard way so i SPENT THE WHOLE FUCKIN DAY but u know what i loved every fuckin second of it haha. thanks GRAFIK for this great sample.one love.

ps: i heard the delfonics joint more then 100 times and still love it haha.

here is the shit called:

"now or never"
http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3966398&q=hi

NOW SAMPLE ME HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAH
:dj:

O

open mind

tricky spinz:shit was very smoth i liked it the chops where tight very chillin track.its dope

boneidle
:now thats what i call creative HOLY SHIT that was sum ill crazyness iam shocked dude.it was very special.even if u had the chipmunks on there i didnt cared cause track was def. hot

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Tricky Spinz
This is cool, I like the vibe of it. It seems almost muddy in the bass area?? Ah not too much actually, its cool though. I like the "Oh Yeah" vocal part that comes in, sounds really nice with everything. Overall it works well, I think you could program some sort of breakdown or change up that'd do the rest of the song justice, but its a good flip. Nice work.

boneidle
This was crazy lol. I had no idea what was happenin in the beginning i was gettin attacked by sounds in every direction!! lol aha, but this was cool once it broke into its song. Not my style per say, but it works. I think blending the electric guitar with the sample was a unique twist, but I couldnt really hear an MC rockin the beat. This was def. a step into uncharted areas with this beat, cool shit man.

Big Rob
This is pretty sick, i'm feelin that bassline goin on. Can't even really tell that you sampled anything actually, I couldnt recognize any parts of the sample. Did you add other instruments? if so which ones? I think some other sounds could have helped fill it out a bit more, but the general vibe was definitely in place. It sounds like you put a lot of work into it just from listening.

T.R.O
I can see where you goin with this. This has some good potential, the chops didnt seem to be 100% in sync with drums in some places. Like you could hear the sample not quite hittin on beat. I think the fact that the sample is in stereo, and you kept in stereo for the flip, makes it slightly hard to follow cuz you have to follow whats commin at you from the left an right speaker. But the general vibe of this has much potential, I could see this being a story telling beat if it was cleaned up.

And my flip is here::

hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3966500&q=hi

Don't be affraid to bump it people, dont be affraid.

I'll review more when they come,

Peace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online