Week of May 8, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
emeezy: i like this joint, the chops are really nice, and shit is def hitting, that sub bass u used is deep as fuck, my shit is rumbling, and the drums are tight too, maybe through a quick change up in there, but overall i was diggin the track man, keep up the good work homie

2good: i like the part of the sample u choose for your track, the chops are really nice, and the drums are really fast pace, but i think the bass is a little off key for the track, just dont sound right to me, but everything else is sounding good, and the break down is sick as shit, liking it man, keep up the good work

damn, there isnt anybody doing any flips this week, whats up with that, trying to hear some more flips people, peace.............

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
wassup ya'll... here's my joint , had time to post... there's a gap where im puttin a vocal snippet... this is gonna be a battle trk... tell me watcha think... i'll review in a few. oh yea: if u can, check out last weeks also, Flak Flip, i was late on that...sorry.

Beethoven Flip:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=507549

da relic

KEV31

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Thanks to every one for their reviews.

Emeezy-Nice chops. I like how you put the little stab in there to give in some more energy

2good-nice sequencing on the strings, but the sample sounds a like it has too much high end. anyway, nice chops.

Slik Da Relic- this is real nice right here. i'm feeling the delay on the kick, it gives it more energy.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
slik da relic: ok, i am diggin this flip a lot, i love how u take teh samples and turn them into totally different sounds, and the drums are def cool also in the track, almost like a tropical vibe, sounds like some steel drums, very nice man, keep up the good work

ruimixx: this is very interesting, i like the constant strings in this that go up and down and the drums are tight, def a different approach, but i really like it, nice flip man, had my head noddin

bigd: okay the drums are really nice in this joint, and the chops are tight too, a lot of change ups in this tracks, keeps your mind wondering, can tell it is def still a rough version could be cleaned up a little, but 20 mins i understand, had my head noddin off the jump, feelin it man, keep up the good work, and i know u a skins fan living in arrlington, i got seasion tickets, yeah!

C

Carpe Diem

Artisitx - Chops are ill, very hype orchestral shit... Raw as fuck drums too, very nice.. As Graf said, the chops get sloppy at times, but with someone spitting on it itll be all good. Good work!

Knox Raw - Again, the chops are siik man... I aint too sure on the drums myself... I mean, it works, but you coulda have some sounds that'd complement it more in there.... But still this is nice!

Kev - I'm not a fan of the drums man.... The snare isn't the greatest... The chops are cool, not my cup of tea but it works...

Grafik - This is fucking siiiiiiiiik.... Some real dark shit here, the loop you used is nice, and the drums are dope... Maybe an extra kick or two would help though... That snare sound is wicked! Nice work as per!

Emeezy - Another hype track... Although I'm not really feeling this man... Just not really my thing... Sorry dude!

2Good - Re-EQ the sample man, lower the high end and boost the low... This is OK, nothing special in my opinion, but its nice...

Slik - This is nice man! Hit me straight away! Flipped completely different from anyone else man... Very nice work man!!! Everything seems to be on point...

RuiMixx - I aint a fan of the part you chose to use man.... The high pitched strings at the end of the bars are dope though....

BigD - The chops are hard as shit man! Again this one hit me straight away, very hard drums... Niceness!!

C

Carpe Diem

OK, uppin' mine now... Chopped the fuck outta the first section that hit me, coulda made a load of beats outta that one sample... No changeups as yet - no time due to uni, but you'll get the picture...

Beethoven Flip

www.myspace.com/seizedbeats

C

Carpe Diem

Kaivai - The chops in this are real nice man... Used some lovely bits of the sample... Interesting drum sounds to be used with this kinda sample, but it works. Wicked man!!! Only complaint is that it needs to sound a bit tougher - bass...

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
carpe diem

thanks for the feedback ill try that out

your track is mad man, i like the lil break it was ill well done

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Big D - I'm feelin this man, drums are ill. Lot of energy on this. Nice.

Slik dA Relic - Aw man, this is my shit right here!. Excellent chops and I dig the boom. You make me want to get to the lab and redo my shit NOW!! This is my favorite so far this week.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
carpe diem: damn this flip is serious! i am loving the chops and arrangement on this for srue, prob the best flip i have heard so far, very grimmy feel to it, and the drums are on point, and that bass i think adds a lot of personality to the track, very nice flip man, realy tight, keep up the good work

kaivai: damn! i love teh composition over those strings u sampled for your flip, gives the track a whole different approach, and the drums are tight too, i like the delayed hats, everything sounds on point, and really dark grimmy feel to it, excellent flip man, feelin it, keep up the good work

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LonChainy - Straight fire! Really feelin this man. I think this is on "Aggtown Fights" DVD. LOL! Great flip man! I'm gonna scrap my first one and get busy cause the Illfam is bringing it!!!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
lonchainy: very nice flip man, i am def feelin, i like the pieces of the sample u pulled from, very dark feeling to it, i think of like a horor flick when i hear this beat, and the drums are simple but tight and the bass is tight too, good flip man, keep up the good work...............

C

Carpe Diem

GRAFIK said:
carpe diem: damn this flip is serious! i am loving the chops and arrangement on this for srue, prob the best flip i have heard so far, very grimmy feel to it, and the drums are on point, and that bass i think adds a lot of personality to the track, very nice flip man, realy tight, keep up the good work

Thanks man!!! Glad your feeling it, second week in a row you've said that :) haha! Awaiting more flips....

Lopnchainy - Yeah man, this is sickness, dark as they come!!! Should be on a film score man! Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.