Why do you believe in religion?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^^^Good points...
----------------------------------------------------------------
El-Dia I always thought you were a Satanist since thats what you portray ALOt. lol

I mean its in everything that you have publically about yourself the symbols and what not.

For me I am of both minds on the subject, first and foremost yes Im a beleiiver in Christianity, my denomination is Earth (when asked). Now I also believe much of what the ags and aths here have said , that religion has been and is used to control populations, and that if everyone believes that their religion is right then everyone is going to hell because you can't commit to everything at once. About how maybe aliens came long ago and started man off in the direction we are going now, that maybe we are all just star dust and thats what we ruturn to , all types of philosophy.

I think about all the arguments against a God and I still arrive at the conclusion that there is one, and He is responsible for creating everything. Science to me basically is used to figure out how God created everything, man trying to find out how it all works.

Do I think that there is God in the sky and a red guy underground?
No.
I think that there ARE parralell universes though and that we cant possibly fathom how all of it works in that respect. I KNOW for a fact that there are supernatural things that happen on earth , I have seen actual evil ass ish enough to know that there is evil not only in people natuarally but that there are supernatural forces as well. Thus if having seen that there must be its polar opposite.

I , even tho a Chriastian, realize that Christianity itself has been responsible for many horrors through out time. I think that (and it says in the book) once your start organizing people into sects your going to get corruption. I find it ironic that the catholic church is suppose to be the big exorciser of demons yet they have perpatrated some of the worst crimes in history all while being a huge standard bearer for Christ.
Even in churches in my city it becomes repulsive to see the politics that stray the whole congregation from the word. I believe that LOTS of people just start a church so that they can have a tax free business and that they are no more qualified to dictate things to people than an imam that encourages suicide bombings of other muslims in voting lines , or at girls schools.

I see that lots of religions have leaders that keep society as whole from progressing forward in lernings and technologies and that they want to go backwards on civil and human rights.
I dont think God condones these things, I dont think these are things of God, I also know that is was written that all these things would come to pass.

The main thing that seperates ,imo, muslims,hebrews and christians is tradition , alledgedly they are all praying to the same God, the God of Abraham. Now after Abraham things get crazy but you can research all that yourself.

Even though I see all this I try and not fault a denomination or religion or persons views for not being mine, I think that do unto others rings true when practiced no matter if you believe or not.

I also believe atheists and agnostics and pure science people are important to keep people from just blindly never advancing in a new way of thinking and sticking to the Dark Ages.

Have I ever heard God talking to me? Thats a good question... I have gone down to the pulpit when visting at churches because people were there with a guy laying hands on them and they are falling out and speaking in tounges and all that and I wanted to see what would happen. Well ...nothing. LOL
Dude put his hands on me and I didnt feel any different than when I came in. lol

Now there is an inner voice that will tell right from wrong and what to do when I pray hard on something.
I have in fact been helped by what I call God to get where I am now, cause for all intensive purposes I should be dead or locked up , and that really wasnt why I was put here, I feel.

I dont go to church I dont trust churches in fact. I am reminded of the story of when Jesus went in the temple and saw that people were just basically selling trinkets and what not and that it was a business and not His fathers word. At which point he literally tore the place up going off on everone. That was in fact about when they started to plot to kill him (again lol). Now that story is exactly whats going on now, "Call this nmumber buy my tape and you will be saved". I dont trust anyone or church that tries to sell you salvation, or the preacher is blingin while preaching..

Essentially ,to me, it boils down to parallell universes , things we cannot fathom, a intelligent design, a loving prescence that will help you if you help yourself, and what we would call spiritual beings (although I have no idea what they are) .
It is a fact actually that when you die you suddenly lose around 20 grams, some think that is the weight of your soul.

I dont disagree with buddists either, finding the Truth is a noble pursuit.You can learn alot from different people and beliefs.

Why do I beleive in God? (not religion) Because to me He is real and for some reason has had His hand on me since birth and I'd be waaaay worse off without him. Cant prove it, just feel it.

Bottom line fellas live right , when you die you will know everytihing or will know nothing. lol

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Religion divides people...it has been responsible for the crusades and various wars over the period of history. I think people need to worship the sun because without it you will surely DIE!

Then you got the story of Jesus...the more I hear about this dude just leads me to beleive that back in his time he just had amazing common sense that others didnt have and it just elevated him to God status...for all we know he could have been a magician or an illusionist...who knows...but I'll tell this rightchere...If Jesus does comeback...and he comes back a BLACKMAN....its gonna be people vlounteering to go to hell. LMAO! Beleive in yaself and your ability to change things for the better.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I've seen the power of prayer at an early age. My dad was paralyzed from the neck down in an accident in the mid 80s. I saw him go from being completely paralyzed to fully functional, walking person today. There was a group of people who came and prayed over him everyday.
If he believes that Jesus helped him walk again, then I have no choice but to believe and respect that, because I saw the whole process with my own eyes.

I know and believe that faith in itself moves mountains. As I've gotten olden and traveled and seen other cultures in their native lands, I think that it does not matter what you believe in, the important thing is the intensity of that belief.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I've seen the power of prayer at an early age. My dad was paralyzed from the neck down in an accident in the mid 80s. I saw him go from being completely paralyzed to fully functional, walking person today. There was a group of people who came and prayed over him everyday.
If he believes that Jesus helped him walk again, then I have no choice but to believe and respect that, because I saw the whole process with my own eyes.

I know and believe that faith in itself moves mountains. As I've gotten olden and traveled and seen other cultures in their native lands, I think that it does not matter what you believe in, the important thing is the intensity of that belief.

Dude You and me see eye to eye. You're a cool cat.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Didn't an Egyptian pharaoh named Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV... Amen!) invent monotheism in order to consolidate political power under the god he claimed to be... the living incarnate of the Sun god, Amen-Ra through the power of the sun disk Aten?

I know, loaded question... but...

Does anyone know anything about this? (other than my own Wikipedia search on the subject.) I'm interested in ancient cultures and how future generations are affected by cultures and ideas of the past.

T

The Arkitekt

I'm sure youve heard of Bruce Lee's story (how he was injured and could not walk or anything then made a full recovery even though doctors said he woudlnt). Mind over matter dude... mind over matter is not magic. The mind is a VERY powerful thing. I'm guessing your dad was religious, and obviously the people that prayed for him were. Them coming to pray every day and his religious belief about some higher power helping him get better got to his head, he probably thought he really was getting better through prayer and in turn actually got better. His mind subconsciously found ways to get his body to repair itself. People beat cancer with their mind, shit like that happens... theyre mind rejects it out of theyre body

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Didn't an Egyptian pharaoh named Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV... Amen!) invent monotheism in order to consolidate political power under the god he claimed to be... the living incarnate of the Sun god, Amen-Ra through the power of the sun disk Aten?

Does anyone know anything about this? (other than my own Wikipedia search on the subject.) I'm interested in ancient cultures and how future generations are affected by cultures and ideas of the past.

Are you referring to Horus the sun god?

I guarantee this thread will go nowhere dude. Most cats on ill are either offended or afraid to touch this subject, aside from the obvious rule against religious dialog here on illmuzik...

Were basically the minority in the world homie. Most people are religious in some nature so asking this question is typically like talking to yourself with no one else around.
Hey, thats prayer.
When it comes to religion, each is free to choose their own beleif system.
I personally beleive in God but not in organized religion.
I dont think the perfect complexity of the universe is by chance.
But Im not about to run and give all my money to the local church.
My beleifs are pretty complicated, and far beyond the scope of this thread, but I aint looking for converts, so no point really going into depth.
My personal beleif is that religions become organized to control the masses, or more so they were.
Nowadays science has sort of taken religions place, and with the mass media we have these days, keeping us idiots on the right line(according to govt) so we can see the decline of christianity in the western world.
Religion has become pretty obsolete in the western hemispere, well it has here in the UK anyway.

I also beleive that the powers that be honestly do worship spirits and are pagans. As written by Manley P Hall or maybe Albert Pike, my memoery fails me. But both were high ranked freemasons, Im pretty sure it was pike that said in his most revered book amongst freemasons..Morals And Dogma, that the light they seek is the light of lucifer.

Once Id had the hyposcrisy of christianity pointed out to me, I was never again christian.
Jesus takes worship away from God, IMO and is yet another idol that we are not supposed to worship yet millions do, crosses everywhere and images of Mary or Jesus is just total hypocrisy if you ask me, but I do truly beleive in the supreme architect of the universe, for all we know just like the matrix, the universe is a computer program created for spiritual beings to experience perceived matter through lives lived inside the game(the universe).

I feel that if I put my faith in god and god alone then Im not being deceived or led astray by some priest with an agenda.

The universe is full of perfection, that cant be by chance. On that basis my faith is strong.
I suspect the aliens mentioned in the bible are simply an alien species that came to earth and created us humans, through genetic experimentation with the primates.
I have looked quite deeply into the subject in the past and Im happy with my beleifs, but my beleifs are for me, not anyone else.
No beleif system should ever be forced upon anyone, as they are all imaginative and none can be proven until the point of death, when we find out truthfully if there is an afterlife or not.

Religion divides people...it has been responsible for the crusades and various wars over the period of history. I think people need to worship the sun because without it you will surely DIE!

Then you got the story of Jesus...the more I hear about this dude just leads me to beleive that back in his time he just had amazing common sense that others didnt have and it just elevated him to God status...for all we know he could have been a magician or an illusionist...who knows...but I'll tell this rightchere...If Jesus does comeback...and he comes back a BLACKMAN....its gonna be people vlounteering to go to hell. LMAO! Beleive in yaself and your ability to change things for the better.

The story of jesus can be interpreted as sun worship.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I'm sure youve heard of Bruce Lee's story (how he was injured and could not walk or anything then made a full recovery even though doctors said he woudlnt). Mind over matter dude... mind over matter is not magic. The mind is a VERY powerful thing. I'm guessing your dad was religious, and obviously the people that prayed for him were. Them coming to pray every day and his religious belief about some higher power helping him get better got to his head, he probably thought he really was getting better through prayer and in turn actually got better. His mind subconsciously found ways to get his body to repair itself. People beat cancer with their mind, shit like that happens... theyre mind rejects it out of theyre body

I'm not referring to Bruce Lee or other legends or stories, this is something I witnessed first-hand, with my own eyes. The funny thing is my dad wasn't super-religious or didn't subscribe to that particular diety at the time. So if my dad tells me "Jesus is the way/truth/light", based on the intensity of his belief , I can respect his viewpoint and understand where he's coming from.

In terms of mind over matter, the power of the subsconscious mind, autosuggestion - I've been studying this subject since my early teens. I have witnessed people do acts that defy logic with my own eyes, so I see your viewpoint on how events one person may consider a "Miracle of God" may be viewed as "Mind over Matter". I could write a book on the subject.

Again, in my travels I have come across people of many different faiths and backgrounds.
What you believe isn't the point. The strength with which you carry out your belief determines the framework of your reality.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
The story of jesus can be interpreted as sun worship.
I think there was politicians of those early days seeking political control of the people so they somehow replaced actual sun worship with the worship and adoration of Jesus Christ..."Gods Sun or son" (which could've been mans attempt to equal or match God in status). The council of Nicea had alot to do with rewriting the word.

They even made the sabbath day on Sunday...and Saturday is clearly the 7th day of the week. One of the ten commandments is remember the sabbath day and keep it holy...sounds like Jewish law also....the confusion is there so....?

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
I haven't read every post in this thread, because most of them are real long and I've got a headache as it is.

I don't believe in any sort of God or religion, mainly because there is no actual proof or evidence or any sort. Without sounding like I'm bashing dudes' beliefs, I believe the saying 'If you believe in God, you may aswell believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny'.

Also, I don't hate on anyone for believing what they believe, I just hate on them for trying to push their beliefs on others.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
El-Dia I always thought you were a Satanist since thats what you portray ALOt. lol

I mean its in everything that you have publically about yourself the symbols and what not.

Its impossible for me to be a satanist because im agnostic. the reason for the play on the matter is where im from and who i am etc.
i come from evansville indiana which everyone calls evil for short. im white, hence white devil.
I would never knock anyone for believing. i know im a good person fightin the good fight regardless of religion.

:)

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Quote:
O
riginally Posted by God View Post

Are you referring to Horus the sun god?

Amen-Ra was an invention of Akhenaten to consolidate power by identifying himself with the one God as God says. Horus was a Jesus figure also identified with the sun. Amen Ra was the sun.

Off the top of my head I think Zoroastrianism was the first monotheistic religion.

samuelock

I want Funnel Cake.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Alrighty, here goes nothing.

I believe in the gospel message, that Jesus Christ was sent as the sacrifice for the salvation of man, fully God, fully human. I'm like Relic on this matter, that I'm a Christian, with Earth as my denomination.

I can honestly say that my reason to believe in God is because of the fact that I have lived my life out to this point and still can't deny him. I've tried time and time again to deny my beliefs, to look at a life without a such thing as a God and it's just not possible for me.

I can also say it's not because I was raised up in a Christian home. That did nothing for me. If anything, it turned Christianity in the first half of my life into a routine. I didn't realize what I actually believed until I reached my early teens.

I see this current age full of the most advanced technology, and the fact that Christianity is actually flourishing, rather than diminishing as it was originally proposed.

I have seen the difference between how Christians and non-Christians act in the same scenarios. I believe this is why God allows such pain in the world, to show the difference in two people who go through the same pain.

I believe that most of the so-called "Christians" that you have seen which turned you away from belief in God aren't actually "Christians" at all. I believe that salvation isn't an easy thing to achieve.

I've seen all the arguments for and against God, and how it turns into an everlasting circle. The fact that Christianity is still thriving right now when there are so many advancements around the world absolutely amazes me.

I believe because I can't deny. I've tried. I try everyday. Still, today, I am a Christian.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
Has anyone seen the movie Religulous yet? I haven't seen it, but it seems interesting and kind of along the same lines of this thread.