Beat This! - April 20-21, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fade's "Backroom Dirty Sticky Leather Couch" Review:

@3mpireV - Gutter! I really like the sound of the drums, they have a nice mono sound that goes well with everything else. Vocals blend in well.

@B.Dot Angeleti - I love the strings, gives the beat an epic sound. Kick and snare blend nicely. Good job on the bass.

@DaHomie - Dark track. Drums are on point, kick could be a little thicker though. Main melody is perfect for a rapper. It would have been nice to hear vocals over this.

@Face Valid - Great track for Eminem vocals. Drums sound exactly like something he'd have. Good transitioning.

@GuttaTennekey - I like how hype this beat is and the vocals fit it perfectly. Nice melody, bass is on point. Drums are dope.

@InnerThug - I really like this track, the only thing for me was the mix needs slam, it sounds quiet. It's well mixed, just the final output should be more in-your-face.

@Iron Keys - The R&B vocals are a nice change from the usual. The beat is dope. Good mix. Kick and bass blend nicely.

@Mefisto Beats - Very dope. The horns make the beat just slightly too busy with the vocals, but still very good. I really like the drum pattern.

@Muszolini.B2A - This is a really nice melody, I just kept waiting for the drums to drop in! I want to hear drums on this, that would be dope. Vocal snippets and melody are well done, just itching for drums.

@Peal - Very smooth track. The drums blend nicely with the other tracks. I like how you made good use of the headspace with the panning. Good melody!

@Sole Element - I like this track, I just think the vocal snippet you used and repeated was a bit much. It would have been nice if you took that out at least on your changeup. Melody is very nice though!

@StoneLockProd - Hype track! Well Vinnie Paz will make it hype of course. Everything is mixed well, I just think the beat could be a bit less busy at times since those vocals are so hype.

@TWU - This one is on point. Very smooth, vocals blend well in the mix. Piano and bass are just right. Drums fit in the mix well but could be just slightly louder. I like how this track moves.

@Vossi Beats - I really like the melody on this one, I just think the drums could be a bit thicker to match, especially that snare. But I like how this beat progresses, good variations!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I've got a fetish for 1st place.

tumblr_lp0cxr1TNd1r0b739o1_500.gif

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Fade's "Backroom Dirty Sticky Leather Couch"
This arouses me.

@Iron Keys - The R&B vocals are a nice change from the usual. The beat is dope. Good mix. Kick and bass blend nicely.

'ppreciate you, man.
Honestly, I thought the R&B vox would be the death of me in this one. But I was determined. Plus I knew the beat was hot. Actually been sitting on it for 6 months to drop in a no-theme vocal-yes Beat This! Used some new toys to glaze it.

Minorly unhappy about the mix - at the right volume sounds delicious. I dunno, there's stuff I love and stuff I dont about it; but for the feedback I'm getting I guess the good is hitting.

Kick and bass blend nicely.

Pultec's a hell of a drug.*

*possibly not the only contributing factor to that lush gorgeous round bum bottom end

Battle Points: 4
Congrats @Iron Keys . Ofc I voted fo ya, was a clear winner to me. Complete track with nicely polished vocals and good beat. A dope song....
Lotta quality work this time around.
@B.Dot Angeleti & @DaHomie love those beats. Nice work.
@TWU love that verse damn. MC Norad?
Thank u very much for even listening! I work hard on my beats so to see it get noticed or even voted on is a step in da right direction! Any advice on da beat I put in for da contest?!?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I voted for @GuttaTennekey (luckily didn't boost my competitor above me!) originally was going to vote for @InnerThug really has a bounce to it.

All in all, as everyone's saying, pretty much everyone came with some realll quality for this one.

Pretty much had a lot of love for most if not all beats in this one.

If anyone wants any feedback, @ me and I'll drop some wisdom.

Love. Stay ill.

Battle Points: 4
I voted for @GuttaTennekey (luckily didn't boost my competitor above me!) originally was going to vote for @InnerThug really has a bounce to it.

All in all, as everyone's saying, pretty much everyone came with some realll quality for this one.

Love. Stay ill.
@Iron Keys is it possible to communicate wit u thru email? I have other work I need opinions & critiquing from (other than my close friends and family)! My email is rholland930@gmail.com

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Iron Keys is it possible to communicate wit u thru email? I have other work I need opinions & critiquing from (other than my close friends and family)! My email is rholland930@gmail.com
you can inbox me soundcloud/youtube/illmuzik links on here and I'd be happy to take a listen.

I feel I'd be more likely to see 'em in a time I'm likely to listen to 'em that way.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
I’d love some feedback. @Iron Keys
Btw. Your beat was clean and the production was tops. But I couldn’t get with the vibe. So for me your fears were founded, but luckily not for others.

Love. Stay ill.
Feedback me homie

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
@3mpireV I like this weird sketched out noise.. i think i slept on this the first time. I don't think I liked the vocals on it.. but listening to the beat it is cool. I'd like the mix with the drums a bit more prominent, they are really lacking any punch, so they sit too far back.

@B.Dot Angeleti piano is fine starting out.. oh, then the strings come in, This is my style of beat. I'd be happy if I made this myself. I was really leaning towards this one, but it didn't change up much and I lost interest quickly. I think there are some spots you bring in a different rhythm on the left pan.. bring that louder. Then there is a choir on the right. Very nice, ambient. Those small changes didn't hit hard enough compared to the repetitive ostinato throughout. If you had used a vocal on there in any way it would have broke the monotony. The beat though.. structure aside and mixing aside was banging. Legit, those are the types of beats I like to make, haven't made many that were that nice though

@DaHomie right away i don't care for the backward sound.. i guess it has a cool atonal effect, but it just doesn't vibe for me, especially since it's quite repetitive throughout. The drums don't have a lot going on. I think there is a basis for something really cool though. Seems like something worth working on more.

@InnerThug i liked this one.. it was a finalist for me.. (i wish we could do ranked voting)... i mean.. the vocal and beat go perfectly together. IDK if that is an acapella or what. But, either you found the right one for the beat or vice versa. I don't really like trap music, particularly this sub genre of it.. but i just thought the whole thing was well done. I could hear this on an album. I wouldn't buy it.. lol, but it was good. I guess really the beat wasn't great in the end and that's why i passed. It wasn't bad either. For what it was, it was perfectly fine. Sometimes, I guess that is more important,.. but for a battle, that's just not what I'm looking for.

@Muszolini.B2A This has some sort of new age new wave vibes to it. There's prolly people who like the style. That aint me. I think the mix is fine.. I just find it hard to critique since this style is too foreign to me to really even know what I should be evaluating. IDK if that makes sense. I mean.. it wasn't bad. Was pretty cool.

@Peal the bubble bass sound over the top lost it. It would have a cool vibe otherwise, It's much better without. Yeah, I start vibin to it until that kicks in and it loses me. Get rid of that and I think you have a much doper beat

@Sole Element not digging this style, i don't like this vocal at all and he is really starting to annoy me. LOL, sorry. Just get that dude off.. it would be a lot cooler. Yeah, I can't get my head past that vocal.. tell him to shut the fuck up!! haha. The beat otherwise is chill as fuck and pretty cool.

@Vossi Beats piano build up is nice, vocal is cool... riser to drop was on point. This shit is ill. the synth sound that comes in later is not my favorite. Everything up to the minute mark though is fire as fuck. I want to make beats like this, but I don't really know how. I would look at this as a template. Really dope, mix was good. Just later on had some sound choices I would adjust, they were good for what they needed to be as far as composition, but just didn't like the actual sound. Browse the patches, tweak the one you used, something and I think it'd be up another level. For sure one of the better beats overall.

Okay, that's my consolation prize review. For all us lowly cats who can't get votes. LOL. Fuck the winners.. we need love too! :) Feel free (please) to respond in kind.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
@Vossi Beats - I really like the melody on this one, I just think the drums could be a bit thicker to match, especially that snare. But I like how this beat progresses, good variations!
Thanks a bunch. Think I compressed it to much in the mastering and that choked the snare a bit.
@Vossi Beats piano build up is nice, vocal is cool... riser to drop was on point. This shit is ill. the synth sound that comes in later is not my favorite. Everything up to the minute mark though is fire as fuck. I want to make beats like this, but I don't really know how. I would look at this as a template. Really dope, mix was good. Just later on had some sound choices I would adjust, they were good for what they needed to be as far as composition, but just didn't like the actual sound. Browse the patches, tweak the one you used, something and I think it'd be up another level. For sure one of the better beats overall.

Okay, that's my consolation prize review. For all us lowly cats who can't get votes. LOL. Fuck the winners.. we need love too! :) Feel free (please) to respond in kind.
Thanks bro. The synth was actually a guitar with (Maybe to) much editing to make it sound synth'ish. And yeah I just did to much in the mix in the end and that messed it up. And then I only made it worse when I tried correct it. So just let it be like it was and tried my best to save it much as possible in the master. Which also didn't quite work. Lol learning as I go and making all the mistakes in the process.
Yours was fire btw. Really liked the guitar samples and what you did with the accapella. Did you do the scratching yourself? This is something I've always wanted to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online