Beat This! - May 20-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it seems like this stay home order has made everyone sensitive and hostile...a lot of negativity coming from people who are still trying to figure out their potential...but think they are experts in criticism of music...I'm just curious if this situation is temporary or if it will be permanent...honestly the people who should be giving advice are the members that have won quite a good amount of contests...you will know who they are by checking out their contest history..I'm just saying...now someone will probably have a reason to contest this statement..so have at it
its just a matter of tried and tested, you can usually spot the people that know what they are talking about, by listening to their body of work. And battle results.

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
i know exactly where Arvin is coming from, and you, and you are both right about not sugar coating shit, and people need to hear the truth. I couldnt agree more, but just shitting on 4 fifths of the entries is rude, it stinks of elitism and can put people off. I just wanted to point out that we all came from nothing and to not forget that, not many beatmaking communities like this and I really like the traffic of recent days, its just like how this place used to be and that can only be a good thing. We can keep it civil at the same time and not come across as total arseholes when really we arent. Especially after the last beat this where the guy just shit on everybodys music because his boys told him he should have won hahahaha
I totally agree about trying to not put new people off.
I just think what @ArvinArmani meant was : "Hey, you lot usually make dope beats. What happened ? I can't seem to find the same quality today."
Then he has a way to say it that makes me laugh. Reminds me of me at 16.
I am just stressing the fact that it is VERY different here than last time when that "Beatmaking Jesus" (is that what he's called now ?) said whatever he said.

Ok, now I am gonna listen to those shitty beats one by one and in the unlikely event that I find anything decent in there, I will vote.

I remember when i started making beats when i was like 16, literally fruity loops from word go. My beats were not really good, people told me they were shit. I made a mental note to those 'shit rappers' to keep my mouth shut, years later, they coming to me asking to make them beats cause when i hit University, they were playing my beats at festivals for the campus, told them , if i wasnt good enough for you that time, im not good enough for you now hahahahah suckers

I remember when i started making beats when i was like 16, literally fruity loops from word go. My beats were not really good, people told me they were shit. I made a mental note to those 'shit rappers' to keep my mouth shut, years later, they coming to me asking to make them beats cause when i hit University, they were playing my beats at festivals for the campus, told them , if i wasnt good enough for you that time, im not good enough for you now hahahahah suckers
strangely, i did mostly House music back than lol

YannFer

Hahaha I just listened to mine in the middle of yours... Mine is really rubbish. I wanted to experiment so many new stuff because I have this brand new sexy cubase...
So here is what I learnt...

Lesson 1 : experiment one thing at a time, if at all possible not during the battle itself.
Lesson 2 : experimenting too much does not leave you enough time to mix your beat.
Lesson 2b : if your beat sounds bad, @ArvinArmani will shit on it.

YannFer

Personally, I'm listening to the idea, the soul of your beat. Some people will have you fooled by the "quality" of their tracks. But the idea is king - there's always someone out there who can mix your music for you.

Guys. I might get one vote. Because my idea was not bad.

No but seriously, I totally agree and I always try to put the mixing quality and the technique on the same level as originality, creativity and overall dopeness.
I force myself to do that in the context of ill muzik's battles, but other than that when listening on spotify or youtube or whatever, if a song does not sound polished, I skip it...

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Guys. I might get one vote. Because my idea was not bad.

No but seriously, I totally agree and I always try to put the mixing quality and the technique on the same level as originality, creativity and overall dopeness.
I force myself to do that in the context of ill muzik's battles, but other than that when listening on spotify or youtube or whatever, if a song does not sound polished, I skip it...
yeah but these ain't commercially released tracks.

I feel it's a bit harsh judging some people on mixing and mastering capability, as it's a beat battle, not a mixing & mastering critique.

Even mix and master engineers revere and respect eachother because they're different disciplines.Even further from that is beat making/composition.

So like i said, if your beat is dope, it's dope - i don't care if your reverb is 0.5db too loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.