Beat This! - May 20-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Iron Keys Yes, that's good. I'm not saying the mixing has to be amazing but it has to make sense and not be crazy in the red levels. Because there's been beats that were really good in the past but they were actually distorted so it didn't get my vote. That's all it is.

But in the end, it's like it says "overall dopeness" <<-- that's the main criteria.

You weren't talkin bout me were you? I feel maybe my comments could have been taken wrong. I hope that isn't the case.
no hahahahahahahaha Im talking about "Beatmaking Jesus", aka the future trap don corleone

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
Personally, I'm listening to the idea, the soul of your beat. Some people will have you fooled by the "quality" of their tracks. But the idea is king - there's always someone out there who can mix your music for you.
fucking brilliant. it's what I do as well. I don't judge people because they used really great sounds necessarily,.. you have to have rhythm and melody. You can tell the people who know how to select a great patch but don't have shit for music theory. Not to say it has to be technical, but I don't let the sounds overtake the quality if the build. You can put a nice paint job on a GEO Metro and make it look flashy, but the damn thing is built like legos.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 34
i really wish there was a better way to get feedback.. but you know.. with this many beats... it took almost 3 hours to vote and go through the thread alone.. I understand. The people that win,, they get confirmation.. but I feel kinda stuck in the middle.. not winning shit.. but not knowing what i need to get there.. I don't want to come off as cocky, but I feel that from an ability standpoint, technically, rythmically, I can hang.. there just seems to be something that i'm just having troubles finessing.

i really wish there was a better way to get feedback.. but you know.. with this many beats... it took almost 3 hours to vote and go through the thread alone.. I understand. The people that win,, they get confirmation.. but I feel kinda stuck in the middle.. not winning shit.. but not knowing what i need to get there.. I don't want to come off as cocky, but I feel that from an ability standpoint, technically, rythmically, I can hang.. there just seems to be something that i'm just having troubles finessing.
you can get feedback in the showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online