Micheal Jackson died !?!?!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
^ ah man...

I've heard so many jokes about him since his passing...

I respect him so much as an artist that I can't even bring myself to even chuckle at the jokes... What he's done as an artist will never be touched....I mean..shit...he did THRILLER.. Still has the #1 selling album of ALL TIME. No artist is going to have that impact anymore....A great artist...an even better performer... RIP..

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
^ ah man...

I've heard so many jokes about him since his passing...

I respect him so much as an artist that I can't even bring myself to even chuckle at the jokes... What he's done as an artist will never be touched....I mean..shit...he did THRILLER.. Still has the #1 selling album of ALL TIME. No artist is going to have that impact anymore....A great artist...an even better performer... RIP..

Word!! Much respect to him, dude will always be remembered. He was the voice of an entire decade....think about that and all the pressure that was put on him...RIP.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
But just get this str8 right quick are you saying that Michael Jackson sucked?
That somehow you are a better entertainer or something than he was?
That in someway you garner more respect than him because he had an ass of plastic surguries? I'm just curious..
no no no. you are just assuming a whole bunch of stupid shit.
Are you serious, man? Jokes is jokes and I made some too when he was alive, but... the man's dead and that all you can think to write about him? Did you know that he was suffering from a skin disease that causes skin depigmentation? It's called VITILIGO. And yes, it exists... there are pictures over the net to prove it...

Look it up before saying stuff like that.
I know what vitiligo is. I've never seen someone other than MJ with it all over his body.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
illin'

understandable that some people weren't influenced by mj, but can we try keeping this thread positive?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Fucked up thing is, that people are selling his LP's like Thriller on e-bay for ridiculous prices even though they're only a few bucks at most... crazy.

Any musical artist that has no respect for the talent of MJ, be it as a dancer or a songwriter/performer, then they really have no respect for music.
Regardless of his private life and accusations, he was one hell of a talented guy, the constant barrage of MJ tracks on the airwaves just shows how many top tracks he has actually made.
I heard today that his tracks now make up 25% of the current UK singles chart.
A fucking quarter of all the tracks in the current chart are his. And thats after just 2 or 3 days of sales compared to everyone elses full week. This feat has never been acheived before, that alone is legendary.
I was a big fan when Thriller dropped, then became less and less of a fan due to his weird nature, but I cant deny his talent.

Man it must have sold already, the links invalid now.

illin'

YouTube - Jackson 5-Walk On/The Love Your Save-

understandable that some people weren't influenced by mj, but can we try keeping this thread positive?

Damn its the sample from Comptons Most Wanted!!!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
The passing of MJ was very personal for me, not in a sense that I am a MJ fanatic, but when I thought about it his music was the soundtrack throughout many major moments in my life from very early childhood to early adulthood. From performing MJ dance routines in talent shows, to taking old Jackson 5 song lyrics and re-packaging them as "love letters" as a kid (really effective! lol).

For many gifted people, their work isn't appreciated until after they die, but I can say that with MJ I got the memo right away that he was a special, one-in-a-generation talent.

What music critics and casual fans often overlook is his impact on television. I can't tell you how many music video and movie directors that I've met that shared that they were influenced by Thriller and many other great videos. When he did the solo performance and debuted the Moonwalk, that's classic tv for you. MTV and BET benefitted greatly from
the King of Pop.

In terms of artistry and his approach to performance, he was clearly from another planet. Other than MC Hammer (yes, Hammer) and Prince, he was the ultimate live performer.

Unfortunately, with such genius comes a price, and his personal life was the fee. He was unbelievably gullible and surrounded himself with a lot of people who lead to his demise,
including his doctor, who killed him by accident as we'll find out in the coming weeks.
His personal life was what it was.

Go back and LOOK at the videos and remember that this all happened almost 30 yrs ago. Have we even see an artist come close? MJ was the Halley's comet of Pop music.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Any musical artist that has no respect for the talent of MJ, be it as a dancer or a songwriter/performer, then they really have no respect for music.
dude that is pretty sensationalist.

I mean I like some of his stuff but I don't think I ever really "got" MJ.

It just ain't my cup of tea I guess.

dirtEjerz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dude that is pretty sensationalist.

I mean I like some of his stuff but I don't think I ever really "got" MJ.

It just ain't my cup of tea I guess.

no offense, but anyone that loves hip hop,but mj isnt their cup of tea, just kinda strikes me as strange

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Shadeed.. I am right there with you on your post... The soundtrack to my life will include many many songs by MJ.

Michael Jackson has set the bar for every artist after him..... No celebrity or musician captivated an entire WORLD like MJ....No one has been able to put up MJ numbers....He still holds the record for the most expensive music video of all time...Ask any R&B artist today and ask them if MJ has been an inspiration in any aspect of their reportoire

His entire comeback tour sold out in a few hours......No tour would come close to that..unless Cher, Madonna and Prince go on tour together....with U2 opening up for them.

He is unmatched in anything involving music and television. And probably for decades to come judging by the way the game is going in terms of music of all genres...

I think EVERYONE in music has been affected by MJ's presence in music in one way or another.

I hold a great respect for MJ for his uncanny musical and performing genius. His personal life...well..that's his business...which is why it's called "personal".

members online