November 16-20, 2003 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Word Wings,,they all are winners,,I havnt hearda wak track from anyone on this site, let alone the Battle That Comp!!!

Okay, maybe my beat was a lil wak,,,I keep listening to it and find somthin wrong every time!!! LOL:headbang:

You were right Chang, I did have better stuff,,,:crying: LOL

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Originally posted by StraDivaRius
I HATE THE FUCKING STCUM....thats the subway in Montreal...there is a muthafuckin bus and metro strike in montreal shit. took me 3:45hrs to get home and i couldnt upload my 3rd round beat...but its all good cuz my man afrique gonna represent for the world na mean....next time yall better strap up cuz i pulling out the big gunz ahahahahahah
Good luck to yall!!!!!
Stra
(Fade sorry for the swearing i am just that mad)

Fuck that fucking bus shit. <-- I don't give a fuck if you swear, who cares!

It's all good though, right now it's 8-5 for Afrique so it's still a tight race. But how come that's only 13 votes???? All the members on here got an email before each round so how come they're not voting? I was hoping at least 50 votes! Jeez.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
it's time for a story :eek:
i visited london 3 years ago. it was a great voyage (2 weeks). i had this one day which i had dedicated to visiting music shops.
so, i took a train to Tottenham Court Road (the center of london's music shops).
i got there and walked down the street.
i strolled to Denmark Street (it's a smaller street - comes off Tottenham Court Road).
after like 2-3 hours of visiting small music shops, i went to Turnkey (the best\biggest shop in london, if you're after synths and sample cds). downstairs, they have the sample stuff (some sample CD listening stations) and a very small museum. i spent like 5-6 hours there (listening to sample cds and talking with others).
at the end, i left the shop (it was evening).
i found the tube station and got on the train to my hotel. but guess what?!?! :gosh:
they had closed the station where my hotel is located, and i had to get down at another station. now, i got down at a filthy street, with nothing but baggers and junkies.
i was trying to question them, but they were "flying in space" :lol:
after lots of effort, i finally found my way to a bigger street, and with some help, i managed to find my hotel.
that was a serious adventure - thanks to the great london underground :fire:

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I HATE THE FUCKING STCUM....thats the subway in Montreal...there is a muthafuckin bus and metro strike in montreal shit.

You and me both! Lets you, Fade and I go assault some maintence workers! Selfish bastards!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Congratulations to Afrique! Even though Cleverwon edged him 18-17 in the forum votes, the Staff's votes put Afrique over the top (they were close too). So it was only a matter of a few votes overall.

I want to thank all those that competed, and to those that voted. I'll be posting up all the final placings and percentages by tomorrow, so make sure to check that out.

Now let's hear everyone's comments on the battle overall!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Battle overall was hot...these battles always have two ears and you know it was split for real almost a tiebreaker........now everyone else has to take some notes....right? LOL anyhow Afrique been on here less than a year....go listen to his very first beats and now listen....did he learn or what....

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Good battle! Next time Gadget, NEXT TIME!!!! What up Furiouz?

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
1stly props 2 fade n illmuzik 4 holdin dis down...and man all dat gav support n voted 4 me ill thnk u again.:D i kno there r a few who tink i didnt deserve 2 win but i understand.. cuz in everythin u do, u can neva hav da whole world on ur side, so am kool wit dat.:)

i did get sum gd critism from this however, sum mentioned dat cleverwon's beat had mo of da nod element dat added 2 its overall hiphop feel. ive come 2 realise dat dis plays a huge part in wat determines how much sum1 will feel da beat. so i wnt b 4gettin bout gettin da NOD element right in ma future beatz.

lol, some comments did make me luff tho,lol, like dat one dat ma beat was like str8 out of a juke box,lol

yo cleverwon u put up a really gd battle, this cud hav gone either way so props 4 dat. plus ive learnt alot from u, not only bout da nod element in ur beat but also ur whole attitude 2 dis comp.

hey strad sorry bout ya train, i guess i was lucky,lol, cuz i kno u wud hav been bringin out some mad heat!! hehe

E

Equality 7-2521

word up. well done Afrique. you are a VERY solid producer

bad luck Cleverwon....i really did love your beat....for real.

peace

M

maxveritech

my thoughts...

some will probably think this is me being bitter but anyhow, i'll say it..

as someone who understands cleverwon's pain of still getting more votes yet still losing the battle - i think something should be done for the 60% staff vote rule. i agree that the staff should have a little more say - but maybe reserve that solely for heats that are drawn and then do the 60/40% spread then?

anyhow, its all cool - how about for the next beat battle you annouce the pairings a week before and then producers know who they're up against. that way cuts etc can be added.. nothing likea good dis to add flavour to any contest...

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
well done afrique !!!!!

uk at the mo champs of everything at Illmuzik, haha

but mad props to everyone, espec. clever....that shit was also hot

ill stuff fellas

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Re: my thoughts...

Originally posted by maxveritech
i think something should be done for the 60% staff vote rule. i agree that the staff should have a little more say - but maybe reserve that solely for heats that are drawn and then do the 60/40% spread then?

The whole 60/40 thing wasn't really an issue for the finals because even if I had of counted just the total amount of votes for each contestant, Afrique would have still won. But I hear what you're saying.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
Originally posted by afriquedeluxe
i dnt tink ill enta, probably da nxt 1 i will, cuz i wud hav gotten betta den. my beatz aint gd enuf yet 2 represent me like dis

now aint dat some shit? thats why you always gotta atleast try.

just incase you didnt know afriquedelux won the competition.

K

koa$t king

I can't believe that these motherfuckers can call themselves producers. If this is the case then the game is going to the shits. The only one who's coming hard is Afrique cause his shit sounds original and seems to have talent and an ear for music. Fuck giving the same compliment to the rest of you though. It sounds like a bunch bitch-made sampling fagots with no real talent. That's not real production, your just presenting yourself with another man's shit and I don't see how you people can even call these beats decent. Personally I don't like hip-hop type of beats because they sound like broken records. I guarantee that I can rip all these the fuck up without a doubt from any of you. No question. I'll be back to read the comments so don't worry i'm not going to talk shit and dissapeer. I know that most people here are from the east coast and that cool, but this is the west coast and it's a whole different ballgame out here, a whole different feel and vibe. So if you people who are offended by this holla back becuase i'll be happy to expose you with some real, ORIGINAL, beats motherfucker!! You can count on that shit. NoTown, Ca

"I'm gonna shake the world/see I ain't fuckin wit ya'll/too many jakes, snakes, and fakes, perpetraitors and frauds/and nigga today can't nobody ride/i'm Han Solo/no autographs or photos/behind tint blowin dodo-Mac Dre (Thizz Washington)

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
hey man thnx 4 da props, but theres no need 2 lash out like dis. i mean theres nuttin wrng wit speakin wats on ya mind but let ur beatz 2 da talkin n rippin in da showcase n da upcomin comps

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hey, koastqueen, why dont you shut your homosexual little mouth?
i'm from the west coast... if you so dope, put your city down instead of "no town"..... and yeah the west coast style is different, but that means....... what, exactly? have you come to thrill us with your synths and fake claps? no one cares what you like, or what you think about the comp because you just got here. show and prove before you speak...

oh, and you can take your little attitude to another site... because we dont tolerate ignorant punks like yourself here. fade should be back in the next day or so, hopefully he'll ban your retarded little mind from the site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online