The Game gets dissed by Jay-z & Casual

Status
Not open for further replies.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
game is wack, when compared to those other rappers (jayz etc) but i enjoyed his album. maybe am not too much of a lyrical person, but i tend to see things from a consumer stand point too. alot of musicians like on here though would agree that for example ems beats are wack, but not the majority of people up in the clubs. i know 50 cent is wack when compared to nas, talib, but i loved 'in da club'. discussions like these are often pointless because one mans meat can be another mans poison.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
afriquedeluxe said:
discussions like these are often pointless because one mans meat can be another mans poison.

thats true, thats what iv been trying to say, people got their own opinions.

this aint a communist society.

i like Game, alot of u guys dont (evidently), thats it, no problem.

sAfE.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
*not my post, but an interesting thought:

Uh Oh,
It looks like Game and Jay are about to have beef.....Jay threw some shots on a Hot 97 freestyle the other night in response to what he thought were subliminal shots tossed in his direction on Game's album, and to disses thrown in Memphis Bleek's direction on mixtapes last summer.

This could get very ugly, what with 50 getting ready to take shots at Nas Jada and Joe on the next album.

What would this mean you ask?

Well, It seems that Nas already has his weapons locked & loaded, as he has already commented that he is not searching for trouble or beef, but that EVERYBODY knows exactly what he brings to the table, if you come at him. :)

And if this thing blows, we may be on the verge of a war, mixed up loyalties, and the whole east-west rivalry thing once again. Consider the following:

Jay & Nas BOTH being attacked by G-Unit roster membersat the same time. Ironically enough, this beef could be what finally brings them together.......

Busta is friends with the both of them and just about every other east-coast affiliate that you can think of, but how will his loyalties play now that his Aftermath album is debuting?.......

Game has worked with Talib Kweli, Kanye West, and others in the past, getting what he calls "east coast love", but does that end with this ensuing battle?

Speaking of Kanye, who just received like 10 Grammy nominations, will he be inclined to shut off his beat-making services to those who are against his idol and mentor Jay-Z?

Ras Kass, the west coast lyricist who was just released from prison a few weeks ago, immediately dissed Game on a freestyle. Oddly enough he had said that he wanted to work with Dre for his next album, but obviously this would stop that, and if he burns his west coast bridges, then is he a free agent that S. Carter would be willing to pick up?

Where does Snoop fall in all of this? It has been noted on several occasions that he doesn't necessarily care for Nas, and has always had some loyalty for Dre.

The Neptunes have had a pretty successful relationship with Snoop, but also with Jay. With Pharrell being Snoop's main producer, where do the Neps fall in the middle of all of this?

If we're talking about affiliates though, then what about the remaining roster of Def Jam talent, with just about everyone there looking to gain some favor with Jay? A hungry Redman could be implemented well if properly motivated, and let us not forget about Ghost, Luda (who has quite a bit of allegiance to Nas), Scarface Shyne (who has also been dissed) and Kanye.

Dame Dash & Jay are no longer cool, and took Noreaga, Joe Budden, M.O.P. and B. Siegel with him in the Roc A Fella split. Even though they are not together, some of these artists still have a lot of love for Jay.

Then there is the wild card, Eminem. Of course he is cool with his G-Unit protogees, and is loyal to Jay and such. But does he finally jump in a battle such as this, where the competitors are on par with his level of skill? Or will he continue to attempt to avert beef, as he has said in recent interviews.

And then there will be the eventuality of the involvement of the second rate crews. Now the Terror Squad shouldn't worry anyone, but what about D-Block/Lox? Jada is their General, and they will go to war for him.

So there all of these things to consider, and maybe more, so is it really worth it? I would say "no", but then again, maybe this will weed out the weak stuff, or maybe while they are all fighting, others can get some long deserved shine.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo, Cold Truth. I think hope that ish would happen. Too many emcee's are getting comfortable at the top and are allowing to much mediocre ish to drop from their lips.

If an all out lyrical war starts, I"m for it. Just as long as no one gets killed or shot, or since we're talking bout G-Unit "Stabbed.

On another note, when you say that all the Game needs to come off it cause he's rich now What???????????

How many rappers out have seen multiple platinum albums yet still rap like they still on the block.

Every rapper act as if they a mix between O-Dog, James Bond and Scarface.

I just think with all the garbage coming out on major labels instead of bitching heads should appreciate a good album. Game's ish is by no means a classic, it should be the standard.

I admire the Game because he dedicated himself to making a good album.

Jay-Z is an extroadinary talent. But I think he needs to show people what he's truly capable of, by writing an album. Until he does that I feel cheated.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
Dre's on top because of producin, but how much did he really produce is the real argument,,,,

Production is not beatmaking. Production involves employing peeps to get shit done. A person who makes beats only is not a producer he is just a beatmaker.

Another bit of info for all of you Jay-Z dick riders/West Coast haters. Jay-Z is not as original as you think. Power 106 did some shit the other day that showed Jay-Z lifts rhymes from other artists (word-for-word), that is not original. If he's so great he should be reusing someone elses rhymes. He's a biter! You decide:

http://www.power106.fm/gallery/jayz.aspx

It's easy to see that many people on this site just hate for no reason. Give Dre, Em, Game, G-Unit props for pushing shit better than others. We all want to be in their position. Don't we?

Ctrl

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Cold Truth said:

OH NO HE DIDN'T ! i had read that he had said some shit but i hadn't heard it til just then !

the guy needs to learn when to shut the fuck up, hes been out for like a minute with one album and hes gonna go at people like that ! what would be funny is if dre and em and 50 etc just let him be to fight his battles and get eat up by jay-z etc, its not like dre, em and busta are gonna go at these people they are smarter than that and have respect for people ! i wouldnt be surprised to see g-unit jump with game for this one though as much as i enjoyed his album and as much as i like some of the artist on the aftermath label im with jay-z on this one i hope he ends the game ! GAME OVER !

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
M!nd_Ctrl said:
Production is not beatmaking. Production involves employing peeps to get shit done. A person who makes beats only is not a producer he is just a beatmaker.

Another bit of info for all of you Jay-Z dick riders/West Coast haters. Jay-Z is not as original as you think. Power 106 did some shit the other day that showed Jay-Z lifts rhymes from other artists (word-for-word), that is not original. If he's so great he should be reusing someone elses rhymes. He's a biter!

It's easy to see that many people on this site just hate for no reason. Give Dre, Em, Game, G-Unit props for pushing shit better than others. We all want to be in their position. Don't we?

Ctrl

hold up homie,,,I know the difference. I've been a producer and a beatmaker in the studio and I've been both man. I feel what ya sayin, but at the same time, every record Dre has produced he has also claimed he made the beat, He has rights to them. What I'm gettin at is he still dont make his own beats all of the time, but he gets credit for them,,,thats wack man.

And, I aint a Jay-Z fan nor am I a West Coast hater. We got some mad talented West Coast cats here, I respect them and I respect the West on a whole in the Hip Hop movement. Actually fuck them both to be honest. (Jay and Game)

Lastly, I hate on what needs to be hated on. LOL. I don't want to have to be happy that G-Unit, Dre, Em,,,,etc,,is puttin out better crap then the other crap. feel me? And hell no, I dont need to be in there position. The money must be nice, but look man, I'm aboutthe music and always have been. If I was to make it in the industry thats cool, but if not,,,thats cool too.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Stress,

I didn't direct the jay-z dick rider or west coast hater to you, I just wanted to touch upon the production comment. It is a well known fact that Dre employs musicians to play the instruments while he just lays down the drums, On 2001 he even had someone wlse do the percussion.

I didn't want to post twice so I just continued after addressing the issue.

And you don't have to be happy with the crap they put out because I agree that a lot of it is crap, but they know how to sell records and in the industry knowing how to do that is a wonderful asset. I'm speaking in terms of the industry.

I don't think honestly think I'll make money off of beats and I too do it because I love it. But, for people to not give them props for being on top is ludicrous.

Ctrl

T

The Bastard

M!nd_Ctrl said:

Another bit of info for all of you Jay-Z dick riders/West Coast haters. Jay-Z is not as original as you think. Power 106 did some shit the other day that showed Jay-Z lifts rhymes from other artists (word-for-word), that is not original. If he's so great he should be reusing someone elses rhymes. He's a biter! You decide:

http://www.power106.fm/gallery/jayz.aspx

Ctrl
ummmmm, pretty much every rapper has borrowed shit from other rappers. its done pretty intentionally too. sign of respect.look at snoop, how many rhymes has he lifted from slick rick and others. no1s dick ridin just statin the obvious. maybe ill feel better about game commin at jay z after hes made about 9 years of classics and actually has some credibility as an mc.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
ummmmm, pretty much every rapper has borrowed shit from other rappers. its done pretty intentionally too. sign of respect.look at snoop, how many rhymes has he lifted from slick rick and others. no1s dick ridin just statin the obvious. maybe ill feel better about game commin at jay z after hes made about 9 years of classics and actually has some credibility as an mc.

Look, I know that SOME rappers use other rappers lines, but read the link I provided and then come and say "sign of respect" again.

Why can't you give Game respect for only rapping for a few years and releasing an album. Do you have to be the best to deserve respect? I hope you don't type this shit and then bump Game around your friend's, buddy. i know you do.

Ctrl

T

The Bastard

M!nd_Ctrl said:
Look, I know that SOME rappers use other rappers lines, but read the link I provided and then come and say "sign of respect" again.

Why can't you give Game respect for only rapping for a few years and releasing an album. Do you have to be the best to deserve respect? I hope you don't type this shit and then bump Game around your friend's, buddy. i know you do.

Ctrl
i rather play a REAL game. like monopoly

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
After reading some info on another site, it seems that Jay-Z dissed Game in a freestyle on HOT 97 that day but then told people it wasn't directed at anyone. Real cool. And Game confirmed that he dissed Bleek on mixtapes, but everything was squashed. Hmm...

I'm starting to think this is about making money on some battle records.

I still haven't listened to the Amsterdam clip or the Westwood one...will do that when I get home.

Ctrl

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
Holmzini said:
bleek and the young gunz are bad emcees ... jay should drop them stick wit free, beans, and budden.. and find some more new talent... i would love to hear jay on a battle track against game though ..

I feel you on that. Bleek is garbage. I think I liked one song he did..."Round Here." And that probably would've been ass without T.I. and Trick on it. Young Gunz just need to go back to preschool and play with their Fisher Price mics a bit more. The Game probably sold more records since his debut that all of Bleeks records put together. Someone mentioned Eminem in an earlier post.....I wish Rocafella would try to battle Em....Em would straight up rape they asses of all their dignity.

T

The Bastard

Complexxx said:
I feel you on that. Bleek is garbage. I think I liked one song he did..."Round Here." And that probably would've been ass without T.I. and Trick on it. Young Gunz just need to go back to preschool and play with their Fisher Price mics a bit more. The Game probably sold more records since his debut that all of Bleeks records put together. Someone mentioned Eminem in an earlier post.....I wish Rocafella would try to battle Em....Em would straight up rape they asses of all their dignity.
how could the clown of rap take the micael jordan of raps dignity? thats absurd

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
what ever happened to the rumor that jay-z was doing an album for dre?

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
highlite80 said:
what ever happened to the rumor that jay-z was doing an album for dre?

I remember that. I even checked the Aftermath website about a year ago and it mentioned S. Carter on the roster (potentially).

Ctrl

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online