This southern b.s has gone to far(laffy taffy)

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-23298909-videos--D4L

As yall know I am a florida boy born and raised and i Think That sh*t is an embrassment to every true southern hip hop head. I love southern hip hop &and im proud of my southern hertiage and culture but this "laffy taffy" ish has gone too far.

Stripper music or not that sh*t is garbage. Wack is wack. Luke makes stripper music but his sh*t bangs and u can hear the creativity and orginalitity in his beats(miami bass)

Im tired of these lame ass dudes (lil webbie, Ying yang etc..)using the south's name in vain. I hope yall dont think that respresents the mentalitity of southern cats. Thats record industry sh*t. Southern cats are being bamboolzed with lame as sterotypes that the industry encourages.

SH*t is F*cking horrible

Paging: Goodie mob , Scarface, Dugeon family, UGK, 8ball &MJG, outkast, Devin the dude,and three 6.
WE NEED YOU!!!

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Lol... I was wondering what was you're view on those groups...

I aint from the south at all, but I'm guessing that some of those groups appreciate the fact that the industry is looking for that kind of crap... I'm pretty sure that those cats stay real.. I just think what they do (their music) is garbage.

I am optimistic, but I'm sure that, once people will get fed up with that crap, the industry will find another trend to milk out...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
What are you guys saying!??!!??.....That Laffy Taffy shit is the truth yall!!! lol.....Fuck what ya heard, im reppin that shit down here in the north for the south, Gheaaahhh!......Nah on the real tho, fuck that crap, all though ive been sayin that for a while.

STEEZALISTIC

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
DueceMade Ent. said:
What are you guys saying!??!!??.....That Laffy Taffy shit is the truth yall!!! lol.....Fuck what ya heard, im reppin that shit down here in the north for the south, Gheaaahhh!......Nah on the real tho, fuck that crap, all though ive been sayin that for a while.

STEEZALISTIC

Fuckin' Steez!! Where ya been at man?

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
Now I'm gonna be singing that in my head all day. I feel your pain. Luckily, that's the first I've ever heard it.

Ctrl

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
ok tried to play it on firefox and it wont play. but i really dont mind or care.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I would not be too worried about this Classic, you can quote me on this and if someone steals AAAAWWW Fuc it LOL......

"Wack has no roots or origins it can happen at any moment or come from anywhere"

There ya go....my profound statement for the day...

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
"Wack has no roots or origins it can happen at any moment or come from anywhere"

amen to that man

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Dude That Laffy Taffy beat is the worst beat I've EVER Heard! I mean It's like, most mutha F***as ain't even trying anymore...aslong as they get paid nothing else matters. I mean DAMN..I could get a deal if them Niggaz can, Shit. I'm to the point where I'm like I wouldn't even want a deal with ANY label...indie or Major because money is just to much more important to the buisness than the art.....No....I take that back.......there has to be a label that gives emcees creative freedom...I mean, how do you explain artisits like Outkast and KAnye West who have been able to be dope, diffrent, and mainstream at the same time? MAN I think all of us who really are passionaite about this music should do everything in there power to change things...(Get discovered, GET NOTICED OR WHATEVER) It's becasue of the disgraceful southern scene that is pushing me to put out "Varsity Blues" and make it as honest, well crafted and as universally relatable as I possibly can! I'm not going to waist my time talking about "how wack music is"..I'm just going to do me, write lyrics and make music that I feel in my heart. I want to start a movement in SC and hopefully it will spread. I'm TIRED OF WHINNING ABOUT HOW BAD MUSIC IS!!!! I"M GOING TO TRY AND DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT.....!!!!!!!!!!

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
It makes me sick!!!!

Attachments

• joke.jpg
    joke.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 160

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
That shit is wack! Sounds like they heard the metronome click in cubase and said fuck it; let's leave that in there. So creative. This just makes the South look bad. I'd rather go back to the days of the "Tootsie Roll" if I'm going to have to be puttin' up with crap like this.
By the way; what happened to all those Miami Bass cats anyway? Did they just fall off the planet or what?
ONE

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
O-H-TEN said:
That shit is wack! Sounds like they heard the metronome click in cubase and said fuck it; let's leave that in there. So creative. This just makes the South look bad. I'd rather go back to the days of the "Tootsie Roll" if I'm going to have to be puttin' up with crap like this.
By the way; what happened to all those Miami Bass cats anyway? Did they just fall off the planet or what?
ONE

Hell naww the cats are alive and well Miami bass is booming its just underground and those cats are paid. 69 boys have been doing they thing they have put out bout 3 platnum albums independent. DJ's like magic mike and jam poney express are FLA living legends making big dough back home

Come down to FL and u cant go anywhere without hearing it. Most of this wack southern music is ATL ish casue of the big ATL hype. FLA has a totally differnt culture

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Laffy Taffy and Bobblehead are huge here in Texas. The weaker the beat the more popular they are.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
classic said:
Hell naww the cats are alive and well Miami bass is booming its just underground and those cats are paid. 69 boys have been doing they thing they have put out bout 3 platnum albums independent. DJ's like magic mike and jam poney express are FLA living legends making big dough back home

Come down to FL and u cant go anywhere without hearing it. Most of this wack southern music is ATL ish casue of the big ATL hype. FLA has a totally differnt culture

Oh Snap! You said Jam Pony Express! I think I still got a few of those tapes layin' around here somewhere! LOL! They been puttin' it down fo'eva'. You are absolutely right; straight legends! Also; because I'm a DJ; Magic Mike is like the Godfather to me. New York may have invented the scratch; but Magic straight perfected it. He was one of the pioneers who brought turntablism to the fore front! He deserves mad props! When I used to do Bass music; one of my groups called "Low Freak 1-C" opened for 69 Boys both times they came on tour here in Germany. That shit was live as hell.
ONE

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Me personally, i never felt the 69 boyz....I used to get promos back in the day from tower and i remember gettin that shit back when i was a teen in highschool.....that shit was sorry back then, at least to me.....
ExOne said:
Fuckin' Steez!! Where ya been at man?
Jus been on the music grind here in cali tryin to get my school points up......Its been really taxing lately cuz ive been introduced to shit i really never had to do or act upon before like classes that involve singing and playing piano formally.....thats basically why yall dont see me anymore....Im still here tho....Just too dam busy to get away from the grind anymore....lol.........I miss illmuzik an shit tho....:)

members online