This southern b.s has gone to far(laffy taffy)

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
MadScientist said:
There's a lot of bullshit coming out from every where ... it's not just the south. New York, Cali, mid west, etc has some garbage too ... don't get it twisted.
Oh shit mad is back, what the deal cuz been a while everybody's comin back it looks like.

But yeah I feel ya on that theres garbage comin from everywhere I just dont like being associated with them dudes.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
classic said:
I mean i feel what your saying but you also have to look at the flip side of the coin.

How would you feel if i thought 50cent was a true representation of the NY sound. You have to seperate mainstream BS(one both sides) from whats really going on. There are alot of NICE Mc's in the south as well as many dope producers with differnt styles and flava's(hell im one of them), the industry just aint trying to hear that now. They want the BS casue they think thats what will sell

class...

Thats very true.. But usually people on the forums don't see that..

MadScientist said:
There's a lot of bullshit coming out from every where ... it's not just the south. New York, Cali, mid west, etc has some garbage too ... don't get it twisted.

Co-Sign.. Another good point.. lol..

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
ok i aint heard of this laffy taffy shit, but what the fuck is D4L? dress 4 less???

cant wait to hear the song

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
thank whoever u have to thank for not hearin the song i tried to stay away from speakin on the song but man wat the hell is this i understand the strip club aspect of it i dj so i can understand it how some weird songs get positive crowd reaction but im real surprised the collipark kid made this it seems too simple like as a producer that has some hits how do u really and truly sitdown and make this i thought it was juss a preset off of a casio keyboard or somethin must be his first beat it gotta be at least i hope it is and why da hell does that dude dance like that in the video that shit is funny tho but hey if they havin fun i guess i cant hate on it somehow someway it worked so laffy taffy will b everywhere for the next month and a half HOPEFULLY ONLY THAT LONG!

J Beatz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
that song is terrible and i see people actually dancin to it. but thankfully three 6 mafia came out with the song "Stay Fly" and that shit is BANGIN'. so at least there are still people comin out with good music from the south

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
God damn, i've been seeing this thread for a long time, but never knew what was laffy taffy. But i had heard that song, but 2day i learn that it was call Laffy Taffy...DAMN THIS IS THE WACKEST SONG I HEARD IN THE LAST 5-10 YEARS

The Whisper Song is juste a Bad song with a Original Concept, but that laffy taffy is just a wack song, with wack sound, it just sound cheap, sooooo cheap, i mean...WHERE'S THE HOPE? What does it says to the up and coming producer, i bust my ass to make my shit sound great so the general public like it and the good-ears people feel it too, but crap like this make money as fuck. With all the spins this is getting, the producer will probably make something like 70k off of it. Where's the hope? Where does is stop?

2005 is officially the year of the wackest singles of the 21rst century, Whisper Song, Whisle Song, Laffy Taffy...Wow...

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
dunno, i aint sayin its not wack but i can see why they released it, tunes catchy, its like films though sometimes you just need to turn off your brain and just enjoy it for what it is. Much less stressful than trying to figure out how they could release it.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
na i agree. i've definetly heard wacker shit in the last year.. i'm not into the songs steez but theres a song for every ocassion. just don't invite me to that ocassion!
A B said:
dunno, i aint sayin its not wack but i can see why they released it, tunes catchy, its like films though sometimes you just need to turn off your brain and just enjoy it for what it is. Much less stressful than trying to figure out how they could release it.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
You know what Class? Up until I heard your music, I didn't even like southern hip hop! Not since the Miami Bass days of the 80s and 90s. It all sounds the same now with no message to it. You are one of the few cats from the south that's actually bringin' some creativity to the "dirty south". And before someone starts trippin' on me, I'M NOT HATING ON ANY SOUTHERN CATS ON ILLMUZIK!!! That is not what I'm saying! There is a cat from Mound Bayou MS that's bringin' some HEAT as well. I'm in Florida quite a bit. I love the people there! Just not feeling the music though. So props to you man for bringing some real talent that I know is down in Florida.

ill o.g.
shadeed said:
I'll only say this once and once only:

Go to a club in ATL, tell the DJ to play Laffy Taffy and you'll gain a whole new appreciation for the song. Oh, and the keyboard that they made that "wack beat" with, is gonna sell for some G's on Ebay. This thread is officially closed.

I feel you on the club aspect but that shouldnt be a cover up for how elementary the song is

the public likes simple anyway

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
for real, I understand how the club scene works laffy taffy has the same effect on crowds that Josephine Johnny or Hot Boy Ronald did. The problem is BET is not a club and neither is the radio outside of the club that shit is aggrevating, and whether or not they sell the keyboard for some g's on ebay wouldnt really matter if its a peice of shit, straight up. Id rather buy triton for a g less than buy a keyboard because of who used it. I mean what you gonna tell those labels that it sounds crazy but its good because of the people who used to use your keyboard?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
shadeed said:
I'll only say this once and once only:

Go to a club in ATL, tell the DJ to play Laffy Taffy and you'll gain a whole new appreciation for the song. Oh, and the keyboard that they made that "wack beat" with, is gonna sell for some G's on Ebay. This thread is officially closed.

F*ck that, that aint no excuse, wack is wack, LUKE makes stripper music and so to ghost town dj'S. THAT SHIT WAS orginal. This shit is garbage i dont care where its played

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Craig Gantt said:
for real, I understand how the club scene works laffy taffy has the same effect on crowds that Josephine Johnny or Hot Boy Ronald did. The problem is BET is not a club and neither is the radio outside of the club that shit is aggrevating, and whether or not they sell the keyboard for some g's on ebay wouldnt really matter if its a peice of shit, straight up. Id rather buy triton for a g less than buy a keyboard because of who used it. I mean what you gonna tell those labels that it sounds crazy but its good because of the people who used to use your keyboard?

Since when is BET not a reflection of what's going on in the club. All they play IS videos!

Am I gonna buy the D4L triton, probably not. But my point was that D4L, whether you love it or hate it, has strong support from the hometown and at least have an album out
so they are doing something that WORKS.
I never said it's a lyrical masterpiece or that the production is crazy, it's a SINGLE
and something for the clubs, sometimes the most popular songs are the simple ones.

FistFulloDollaz said:
I feel you on the club aspect but that shouldnt be a cover up for how elementary the song is

the public likes simple anyway

I'm simply stating the facts, I was raised off the golden era but today's game is judged by different standards. "Wack" doesn't even apply anymore, it's all about sales, exposure, and popularity and based off those standards, those cats are doing their thing, and I believe their independent artists as well with a nationwide single. Instead of sayin its wack, the guy who is gonna make it in this business would ask "What can I do to make
my songs nationwide??"

I will say that Mad Linx lost all respect from me when he was recently interviewing Yin Yang Twins and he told them "This album you guys got a lot of complements on your lyrical ability"

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
DJ X-sinna said:
You know what Class? Up until I heard your music, I didn't even like southern hip hop! Not since the Miami Bass days of the 80s and 90s. It all sounds the same now with no message to it. You are one of the few cats from the south that's actually bringin' some creativity to the "dirty south". And before someone starts trippin' on me, I'M NOT HATING ON ANY SOUTHERN CATS ON ILLMUZIK!!! That is not what I'm saying! There is a cat from Mound Bayou MS that's bringin' some HEAT as well. I'm in Florida quite a bit. I love the people there! Just not feeling the music though. So props to you man for bringing some real talent that I know is down in Florida.

thanks man appeicate the props

ill o.g.
shadeed said:
I'm simply stating the facts, I was raised off the golden era but today's game is judged by different standards. "Wack" doesn't even apply anymore, it's all about sales, exposure, and popularity and based off those standards, those cats are doing their thing, and I believe their independent artists as well with a nationwide single. Instead of sayin its wack, the guy who is gonna make it in this business would ask "What can I do to make
my songs nationwide??"

I will say that Mad Linx lost all respect from me when he was recently interviewing Yin Yang Twins and he told them "This album you guys got a lot of complements on your lyrical ability"

Thats the problem too many people selling their soul to be nation wide, nevermind the fact that you look dumb as hell

its like a bunch of hand puppets with labels as the almighty hand