This southern b.s has gone to far(laffy taffy)

Jrell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I feel what you sayin,cause i dont care for it to much.But you cant hate the fact that since they got in the game,they playing to win and everybody knows that if you win the females you will have alot of succsess in the music bizz.

ya know

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
classic said:
I mean i feel what your saying but you also have to look at the flip side of the coin.

How would you feel if i thought 50cent was a true representation of the NY sound. You have to seperate mainstream BS(one both sides) from whats really going on. There are alot of NICE Mc's in the south as well as many dope producers with differnt styles and flava's(hell im one of them), the industry just aint trying to hear that now. They want the BS casue they think thats what will sell

class...

I feel you my nigga...and I aint disrespecting what ye'll do (real hip hop heads) no matter where you from. But hip hop was born in New York...and to see it get to this level is embarassing you know? Like I said though, real recognize real...and if the shit is hot...it's hot...no matter where you from.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
LOL....Aye, i bought some laffy taffy the other day at school just so i could offer it to fools and sing that dumb ass song....lol, aye you know whats fucking perfect is the wrapper says "A joke on every wrapper" right on it! haha, i thought that was a good pun.....anyways......

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
During the halftime show of the Bayou Classic Grambling's Marching Band not only played Laffy Taffy, but they stood in a formation that spelled out "Laffy".

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BROUSSARD BEATS said:
you know what i don't give a dam im going to the laffy taffy contest and watch them girls lol soon as i find my ear plugs
"make lil jon look like pac" you hit that nail on the head Craig!

Thats some funny ass shit! LOL!

There is no justification for making a song that terrible.....If they do sell a lot of that one song, so what, they will get clowned later when they try anything else. I am not saying that the actual artist thinks thats a great song, maybe its the cats in charge saying "alright, lets make a quick buck off this dude then we dont give a fuck what he does cuz we already made our money"

Oh yeah, also after hearing so much of this garbage on the radio and tv calling themselves hip-hop,,,,,it made me come to a realization. If these cats want to BUY the title of Hip-Hop then I am SEVERING TIES with that category. I am just one of the Severed Ties!

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My girl told me today that she likes that shit. I looked at her with almost the same disgust as if she said that she banged my best friend.....LOL!

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I heard it again yesterday...

Cheap sound, cheap lyrics... what agravates me is that BET is playing that crap and not other artists that obviously have WAAAAAY more talent, but are not backed up by the big industrial music corps...

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Svenghali said:
Yo it's eiree to here someone from across the water talk about dudes that I thought only cats from Florida or Atlanta would know about. Mike was one of my homeboys. I met him through one of my homeboys named Clay-D. If you're familiar with Miami Bass you know Clay as a producer. When I moved down to Miami, Clay introduced me to everybody from Luke Skyywalker, Disco Rick, 2 Live Crew, Doc Fresh, Mike Fresh (Banned In The U.S.A. album), DJ Toomp (you Don't Know Me - T.I.), Shy-D, Magic Mike and many others. One evening I was at Vision recording studios/records shooting pool with Mike and Clay and Doc Fresh was practicing his routine (Clay had 2 djs Mike and Doc) for a show and Clay started talkin' shit tellin' Doc Fresh he thought that I could get him in a battle. Let me be the first to say, when it came to cuttin' and scratchin' Doc was as good as Mike. Doc was a humble dude but he wanted to see what I could do and there was no way I was backin' down. Needless to say, I lost the battle (dude was a pro) but I won Mike & Doc's respect. Me and Mike got really cool after that and we started hangin' whenever he was down in Miami. He came to me one day with this (what I thought was an insane) idea to make an instrumental "bass music album with scratching." Coming from New York (and being closed-minded) I thought Miami bass was some straight primitive ass music and didn't want to be associated with it in anyway. He invited me to come stay at his crib (he was livin' with his mom and brother) in Tampa for a week so that we could vibe, he could show me 'round Tampa (clubs, nightlife) and he could kick the idea around (bass music and scratchin') some more. I declined one last time and Mike went on to release 5 bass albums through Cheetah Records. And check this out, Mike is the only person in the history of the Billboard charts to have 4 gold or platinum albums in the Top 200 album charts at the same time. He called early one morning from Canada to tell me that.

One of my closest friends is the "World Famous Disco Dave." If you have Jam Pony tapes, I know you got some Disco Dave layin' around.

Damn! I know that you could kick yourself for that move! LOL! On the other hand; 'nuff respect for stickin' to your guns. Just imagine though; you could have been part of one of the major moves in music history.
ONE

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
J Beatz said:
that song is terrible and i see people actually dancin to it. but thankfully three 6 mafia came out with the song "Stay Fly" and that shit is BANGIN'. so at least there are still people comin out with good music from the south

Hell Yeah!! Thanks for mentioning that joint! I'm not from the South; but I don't care where you're from, you have to admit that beat is straight epic! One of the straight up highlights from the South! F*%K that laffy taffy shit, every corner of the earth got some wack-ass shit leakin' out like diarreha farts. You just have to ignore that shit and concentrate on what's good. In the end though; you can't blame the industry for that shit becoming popular. All they did was put that shit out. The people made it popular. The same thing goes on over here in Germany. The most simple bullshit makes it to the top of the charts over here. It's just sickening sometimes. A little kid's song about an alligator was number 1 here for awhile. How long did that Crazy Frog Ringtone stay #1 on the charts in the U.K.?!! LOL! You just can't stop the wackness! LOL!
ONE

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Again, I just came from the Dirty Awards last night in Atlanta and D4L probably had the best performance of the night, them cats are doin their thing. Anytime you can make platinum artists get up and dance to your song, you miiiight be doin something right.
So relax and worry about making a song/beat/chorus/ that somebody wants to hear.
Nowadays "wack" is subjective, it's about being hot these days and they found a way to do just that. In Atlanta, they certainly ain't wack, they get crazy love.
If you love hip-hop that's cool and I respect that, but a lot of artists/producers I meet take the "hip hop purist" approach because they tried to be hot, and it didn't work out.
Wack music should motivate you to create something you feel is hotter, so I look forward
to hearing what comes outta this D4L frustration a lot of people seem to have.