This southern b.s has gone to far(laffy taffy)

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
The problem is that song should have never left the stripclubs. thats what it is made for and thats where it should haved stayed. as for the beat, i cant hate who ever made because hes making money off of it, i wish i could get paid for some bullshit like that. I do think they did a good job on the video. That Dodge Charger was sick. The chicks wernt bad either. oh yeah, how old is this song Classic? i know it didnt just blow up this quick, this has had to been out for a year or so. its sad that they are playing it in clubs in ohio.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
No matter what you say, that shit is getting crazy play. I listen to Philly radio and that shit is in the nightly top 8 and 9. Don't hate Laffy Taffy... check your listeners. lol

You might as well prepare yourself for a wave of "sound-a-likes" that will soon invade the airwaves. Believe that!

D

drjdup

There will always be soulful country a$$ folks that ain't ish else to do and are going to feel the lamest songs ever made... if you wanna call them songs... If lil kids and strippers can get down to it, it's gonna be a hit

Just keep working to keep real music alive!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I HOPE THEY DIE....yea i said it..egh awful

D

DaFunkDocta2004

classic said:
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-23298909-videos--D4L

As yall know I am a florida boy born and raised and i Think That sh*t is an embrassment to every true southern hip hop head. I love southern hip hop &and im proud of my southern hertiage and culture but this "laffy taffy" ish has gone too far.

Stripper music or not that sh*t is garbage. Wack is wack. Luke makes stripper music but his sh*t bangs and u can hear the creativity and orginalitity in his beats(miami bass)

Im tired of these lame ass dudes (lil webbie, Ying yang etc..)using the south's name in vain. I hope yall dont think that respresents the mentalitity of southern cats. Thats record industry sh*t. Southern cats are being bamboolzed with lame as sterotypes that the industry encourages.

SH*t is F*cking horrible

Paging: Goodie mob , Scarface, Dugeon family, UGK, 8ball &MJG, outkast, Devin the dude,and three 6.
WE NEED YOU!!!

Yo, I was wondering when Southern heads would let us know when they thought someone from the South wasn't up to par. For a loooong minute, it seemed like the Dirty was letting EVERYONE in with no standards at all, which in a broader, communal sense is great...everyone in the South gets that love and support (except Houston, I guess), but the bar just seemed not to go lower, but downright buried in the mud when I heard this Laffy Taffy stuff. I was like..."my boys in ATL can't be loving THIS, too?" I want to show respect as an East Coast cat, so I never tried to judge to harshly on a lot of Southern acts. But when Young Jeezy came, and now this laffy taffy...man, my Southern brethren got to have some standards with this shit!

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
FTdub said:
The weaker the beat the more popular they are.

LOL! that shit is hilarious but it seems true nowadays...

DueceMade Ent. said:
Jus been on the music grind here in cali tryin to get my school points up......Its been really taxing lately cuz ive been introduced to shit i really never had to do or act upon before like classes that involve singing and playing piano formally.....

Dope, so your going to do that RnB cd you always wanted to do right? lol... Nah, I'm just playin bro, that's dope though. School and education count big my man!

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
I'm not feeling it myself, but every couple of years a song like this comes around and sweeps the nation. you just gotta accept it. Ya'll remember, "The Funky Y 2 C" or "Yo Mama On Crack Rock". It's the same thing. And what is sad is that I jammed those two songs that I just mentioned back when I was little.

You know D4L is affiliated with Mike Jones right? lol, that explains a lot.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Fucking right it is an embarrassment to us south niggas..when I first heard that song...I thought it was some local cats here in Little Rock. Then I started hearing it like every hour, I was like who the fuck is this. I found out that the niggas are from Texas and they under Mike Jone's Ice Age Label...I wasn't surprise. To make shit even worse...that nigga Mr. Collipark made that wack ass beat...a nigga who is known to bang out hits. Shit is fuck up how the south is being put on display. The south is looking ridiculous right..now.

Peace to class for posting this thread...shit needed to be addressed..one way or another.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
classic said:
http://music.yahoo.com/ar-23298909-videos--D4L

As yall know I am a florida boy born and raised and i Think That sh*t is an embrassment to every true southern hip hop head. I love southern hip hop &and im proud of my southern hertiage and culture but this "laffy taffy" ish has gone too far.

Stripper music or not that sh*t is garbage. Wack is wack. Luke makes stripper music but his sh*t bangs and u can hear the creativity and orginalitity in his beats(miami bass)

Im tired of these lame ass dudes (lil webbie, Ying yang etc..)using the south's name in vain. I hope yall dont think that respresents the mentalitity of southern cats. Thats record industry sh*t. Southern cats are being bamboolzed with lame as sterotypes that the industry encourages.

SH*t is F*cking horrible

Paging: Goodie mob , Scarface, Dugeon family, UGK, 8ball &MJG, outkast, Devin the dude,and three 6.
WE NEED YOU!!!

Well I'm glad this was posted by a dude from the South cause I don't wanna sound like an asshole or nothin...but you are 100% correct...there's alotta bullshit comin from the South.
But this Laffy Taffy shit takes the cake...(and that Whisper bullshit). But being from the East Coast (Jersey, By way of Brooklyn), what's even more embarassing is all the East Coast rappers imitating all that Down South Bullshit. I like Scarface and Outkast (Dungeon Fam) and Ludacris...I could even fuck w/ Trick Daddy...but the rest of them niggas need to stop. And like that nigga Tru Life (from the LES) said in "The NEW New York"...it's time for NY to stop biting all that down south and west coast shit. Hopefully Nas and Jay could help bring the NY back..cause we hurtin right now.

S

Svenghali

O-H-TEN said:
Oh Snap! You said Jam Pony Express! I think I still got a few of those tapes layin' around here somewhere! LOL! They been puttin' it down fo'eva'. You are absolutely right; straight legends! Also; because I'm a DJ; Magic Mike is like the Godfather to me. New York may have invented the scratch; but Magic straight perfected it. He was one of the pioneers who brought turntablism to the fore front! He deserves mad props! When I used to do Bass music; one of my groups called "Low Freak 1-C" opened for 69 Boys both times they came on tour here in Germany. That shit was live as hell.
ONE

Yo it's eiree to here someone from across the water talk about dudes that I thought only cats from Florida or Atlanta would know about. Mike was one of my homeboys. I met him through one of my homeboys named Clay-D. If you're familiar with Miami Bass you know Clay as a producer. When I moved down to Miami, Clay introduced me to everybody from Luke Skyywalker, Disco Rick, 2 Live Crew, Doc Fresh, Mike Fresh (Banned In The U.S.A. album), DJ Toomp (you Don't Know Me - T.I.), Shy-D, Magic Mike and many others. One evening I was at Vision recording studios/records shooting pool with Mike and Clay and Doc Fresh was practicing his routine (Clay had 2 djs Mike and Doc) for a show and Clay started talkin' shit tellin' Doc Fresh he thought that I could get him in a battle. Let me be the first to say, when it came to cuttin' and scratchin' Doc was as good as Mike. Doc was a humble dude but he wanted to see what I could do and there was no way I was backin' down. Needless to say, I lost the battle (dude was a pro) but I won Mike & Doc's respect. Me and Mike got really cool after that and we started hangin' whenever he was down in Miami. He came to me one day with this (what I thought was an insane) idea to make an instrumental "bass music album with scratching." Coming from New York (and being closed-minded) I thought Miami bass was some straight primitive ass music and didn't want to be associated with it in anyway. He invited me to come stay at his crib (he was livin' with his mom and brother) in Tampa for a week so that we could vibe, he could show me 'round Tampa (clubs, nightlife) and he could kick the idea around (bass music and scratchin') some more. I declined one last time and Mike went on to release 5 bass albums through Cheetah Records. And check this out, Mike is the only person in the history of the Billboard charts to have 4 gold or platinum albums in the Top 200 album charts at the same time. He called early one morning from Canada to tell me that.

One of my closest friends is the "World Famous Disco Dave." If you have Jam Pony tapes, I know you got some Disco Dave layin' around.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
benny_buku said:
Well I'm glad this was posted by a dude from the South cause I don't wanna sound like an asshole or nothin...but you are 100% correct...there's alotta bullshit comin from the South.
But this Laffy Taffy shit takes the cake...(and that Whisper bullshit). But being from the East Coast (Jersey, By way of Brooklyn), what's even more embarassing is all the East Coast rappers imitating all that Down South Bullshit. I like Scarface and Outkast (Dungeon Fam) and Ludacris...I could even fuck w/ Trick Daddy...but the rest of them niggas need to stop. And like that nigga Tru Life (from the LES) said in "The NEW New York"...it's time for NY to stop biting all that down south and west coast shit. Hopefully Nas and Jay could help bring the NY back..cause we hurtin right now.

I mean i feel what your saying but you also have to look at the flip side of the coin.

How would you feel if i thought 50cent was a true representation of the NY sound. You have to seperate mainstream BS(one both sides) from whats really going on. There are alot of NICE Mc's in the south as well as many dope producers with differnt styles and flava's(hell im one of them), the industry just aint trying to hear that now. They want the BS casue they think thats what will sell

class...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I think Outkast is the "true" representation of the Southern Hip Hop Movement,,,as well as the whole Dungeon Fams. The rest of that other crap,,,"Ying Yang"(please someone kill them,,,) is garbage,,,no I'm sorry,,,they are lower then garbage,,,maybe sewer?

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
classic said:
I mean i feel what your saying but you also have to look at the flip side of the coin.

How would you feel if i thought 50cent was a true representation of the NY sound. You have to seperate mainstream BS(one both sides) from whats really going on. There are alot of NICE Mc's in the south as well as many dope producers with differnt styles and flava's(hell im one of them), the industry just aint trying to hear that now. They want the BS casue they think thats what will sell

class...

once again..he is correct...

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
The next dude that says theres nothin but garbage comin out the south is gonna answer to me, straight up Im tired of hearin that shit, if thats the case then rip me.... what the hell yall think niggas on the street decide what gets radio play n shit some yall got a looooong way to go no names respect it or check it like me or lift me fuckit

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
but i mean when i go up to cincinnati i be like yea i from alabama they be like "oh yall be all crunk and shit" man the south ain't about bein crunk all the time and shit we got this certain swagger about us that i love so much but the rest of the country can't grasp man i love the south i always wanted to leave but i apreciate this place so much this culture we have down here and i am not scared to say i have SOUTHERN PRIDE

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
I havent found it yet online but i just heard the remix with Busta Rhymes on Sirius Radio. He half-assed the whole thing. the beat is still the same. why would he even get on a track like that? With that group?