This southern b.s has gone to far(laffy taffy)

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
benny_buku said:
Yo, I'm about to remix the "Alphabet Song"....anyone want in?

LOL......I make MC's, I work with, to spit that shit over beats in different ways so they get used to relaxing. Its a good warm up exercise.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
shadeed said:
Again, I just came from the Dirty Awards last night in Atlanta and D4L probably had the best performance of the night, them cats are doin their thing. Anytime you can make platinum artists get up and dance to your song, you miiiight be doin something right.
So relax and worry about making a song/beat/chorus/ that somebody wants to hear.
Nowadays "wack" is subjective, it's about being hot these days and they found a way to do just that. In Atlanta, they certainly ain't wack, they get crazy love.
If you love hip-hop that's cool and I respect that, but a lot of artists/producers I meet take the "hip hop purist" approach because they tried to be hot, and it didn't work out.
Wack music should motivate you to create something you feel is hotter, so I look forward
to hearing what comes outta this D4L frustration a lot of people seem to have.

Listen man usually i would be the first to agree with everything you said, espically about the hip hop puriset ish, casue there are alot of cats like that around(wack, so they hold on to old ideals)

But this D4L Shit has gone too far, its crossed the line, i dont care what you say man, wack is wack, yea its subjective in some ciremstances but not this one... If your sprinkle sugar on shit, its still shit..... Them negro's suck man and they are making it hard for southern artist(like myself) to be takin seriously by playing into that bullshit southern industry sterotype....

Im not some lame east coast purist looking down on them cats wishing it was 1992 again(like most do) ,
Im a proud florida boy, born and raised , and im saying this ... Im a cat that LOVES luke as well as jam poney express and 69 boys, I grew UP on stripper music. them cats made dope ass Miami bass (still do) that had the whole south gettin down...

These D4L niggas(notice im using the word niggas) are a fucking joke, blackfaced, bamboolzed, backwards, whatever you wanna say...They just suck...No creativity what- so -ever... and thats what pisses me off the most, alteast them ying yang cats(who i hate also) are creative with there singles...

This is gonna open the floodgates for even more wack shit, and thats what pisses me the fuck off...

class...

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
classic said:
Listen man usually i would be the first to agree with everything you said, espically about the hip hop puriset ish, casue there are alot of cats like that around(wack, so they hold on to old ideals)

But this D4L Shit has gone too far, its crossed the line, i dont care what you say man, wack is wack, yea its subjective in some ciremstances but not this one... If your sprinkle sugar on shit, its still shit..... Them negro's suck man and they are making it hard for southern artist(like myself) to be takin seriously by playing into that bullshit southern industry sterotype....

Im not some lame east coast purist looking down on them cats wishing it was 1992 again(like most do) ,
Im a proud florida boy, born and raised , and im saying this ... Im a cat that LOVES luke as well as jam poney express and 69 boys, I grew UP on stripper music. them cats made dope ass Miami bass (still do) that had the whole south gettin down...

These D4L niggas(notice im using the word niggas) are a fucking joke, blackfaced, bamboolzed, backwards, whatever you wanna say...They just suck...No creativity what- so -ever... and thats what pisses me off the most, alteast them ying yang cats(who i hate also) are creative with there singles...

This is gonna open the floodgates for even more wack shit, and thats what pisses me the fuck off...
class...

------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------
*At least I can respect your opinions on this topic because from your posts on this board I can gather that you are proud to be from "that South" and your music shows influences from producers like Organized Noize etc.

But you are forgetting just 10-11 years ago, the industry labeled the ENTIRE South wack.
The industry consensus back then was that the South ain't lyrical, it's nursery rhyme B.S., the same way that people talk about D4L now.

Rap City didn't play any Southern videos at all, it wasn't until Master P (not Geto Boys or Outkast) broke that door down which lead to the South's dominance on popular music.

As for D4L making it hard for Southern Artist such as yourself to be taken seriously,
their success has NOTHING to do with what you bring to the table.

As a producer, you shouldn't have problems being taken seriously because you're not selling an image (like artists do) you're selling the backdrop for an artist to present their image. D4L has nothing to do with you getting your beats in the hands of the right people, that's strictly up to you and your promotional/marketing tactics.

I'm not defending D4L, the song is not intended for me, its for the LADIES.

I don't know about all the backwards, bamboozled, comments like that. They are basically a group of dudes from the projects trying to make this music thing work. From my discussions with the group, I didn't get that impression.

You can make any type of music you want, but the key is to find your market and sell it early and often. Too Short rapped over 20 years about bitches, hoes, and funk
and he had his critics but he continued doing his thing.

There's a lotta factors that make a song like Laffy Taffy blow up, and that's what I'm hoping y'all understand that "wack" sometimes equals $$$$ and if you're in the business of music, you have to know what you're comfortable with musically.

I have my likes/dislikes just like anybody but I also look at hip hop from a business standpoint as well, and you have to or else you won't stay relevant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
See the thing is i never knocked there busniess savy, musical talent and busniess sense are 2 differnt things, I cant knock those dudes hustle casue laffy taffy aint become a hit with them sitting on their ass... the obvsiously had to get their grind on

But that still dont excuse the fact that its pure garbage, with no talent what-so-ever

And while i may not be an artist, i still take my work very seriously as well as my cultural, and i feel that cats like D4L are exploiting it for a quick buck with no merit what so ever.... Again to each his own,

class...

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
classic said:
See the thing is i never knocked there busniess savy, musical talent and busniess sense are 2 differnt things, I cant knock those dudes hustle casue laffy taffy aint become a hit with them sitting on their ass... the obvsiously had to get their grind on

But that still dont excuse the fact that its pure garbage, with no talent what-so-ever

And while i may not be an artist, i still take my work very seriously as well as my cultural, and i feel that cats like D4L are exploiting it for a quick buck with no merit what so ever.... Again to each his own,

class...

Yeah, the business saavy comments wasn't really directed at you, I was speaking in general terms on that regard.

I was raised on the Golden Era of hip hop but I embraced what the south and the bay area had to offer as well.
I feel that the decline of hip hop didn't start with the rise of the south (as many people do), I think it started with the demise of the underground mixtape scene in New York.

Rap is a hustle now, so 97% of artists are coming into this game seeing dollar signs
so really the artform is only maintained by those who choose to keep it going.

T

tiffany james

look... im from da south... and I say its bullshyt!!!!! to be honest... the only time hear dat shyt all-da-way tru is wen my niece is around... and dats only been a few tymes... its gives me a headache. ~asha~

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
thank you tiffany i fuckin hate that song, i swear if i seen them in person i would make sure they would never make a song like that agian, it gives the south a bad name, yall don't know how hard we worked then have some lil john, d4l and dem other hoes and ruin it. what kind of shit is that.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
yall fuckin crazy..the south is holdin it down in dis bitch...

Young jeezy
T.I.
Bun B
Ludacris
Yung Buck (fuck what yall say he be spittin too)
Field Mobb
8ball n Mjg
Lil Wayne
Al Gator (you can hear him now or yo gone hear him lata)
Outkast
Scarface
Young Bloods (always drop some hot songs)
B.G. (what yall kno bout dat nigga...if u dont kno u need to find out)
Trick daddy b spittin real too
Mannie Fuckin Fresh (on da producin tip)
J.D. (on da producin tip)
shawnna dont sleep too hard on her

but yall do need to check out Al Gator i have a song posted with him and Biggy on soundclick....check it in my signature to hear him for yourself but hes a new artist from atlanta dat b actually spittin..

check young cash too

AS FAR AS D4L goes they put out a couple singles for the clubs for people to dance to...okay...ppl do dat shit all da time..they are good performers and they know how to put on a show and make everyone in the buildin enjoy theyselves...yea the beat was.............????.........

but shit they got on track and had fun yall forgot that was a part of hip hop huh????? havin a good time??? remember that??? the first hip hop record was a club track remeber that???? but either way yea the beat was some bullshit but they aint on the track sellin drugs n shottin people so let em do what they do.

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Benny BuKu said:
So next time record them secretly and put it out....niggas will love that shit!
For real!

That shit those dudes are putting out gives a false impression to the rest of the nation of what the south is doing. I dont blame D4L for putting together a song like that. I blame the muthafucka's who actually gave them the time of day after hearing that shit.

The whole industry is a fake ass hustle. Do you wanna know why we even know who they are?

Im sure most of the DJ's on here know about the record pools.....

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
SeveredTies said:
That shit those dudes are putting out gives a false impression to the rest of the nation of what the south is doing

how does that ONE song give a false impression of the south???? AIGHT LETS TAKE A POLL...how many people after listenin to laffy taffy said "ill neva listen to ti, ludacris, bun b or anything from the south again!!???

do i need to start namin wack eastcoast songs??? or west or reggae???? come on now yall are takin dis shit too far... its not dat serious...if you dont like the music then dont support it...they obviously have their fanbase that is supportin them (the younger generation)

d4l isnt doin anything differnt..they did what they did to get their shit played and they attracted their fanbase from there now thier fanbase will take them whereva they end up in the game...

but that one song dosent give a false impression of the south...i dont like the maroonish color of this website...so illmuzik is givin a bad impression of the internet???? come on man b real d4l's song/ songs gave ppl an impression of d4l.... ja rule gave ppl an impression of ja rule...not new york....same wit jayz and nas...i fucks wit jigga cuz he sick i dont fuck wit all the music from new york just because jigga is from new york feel me yall got wack shit too everybody does...the only differnce is half the world isnt dancin to yall wack shit...

keep it real.. d4l is d4l...d4l is not the south no where near close to representin for the south...

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
J-malice said:
how does that ONE song give a false impression of the south???? AIGHT LETS TAKE A POLL...how many people after listenin to laffy taffy said "ill neva listen to ti, ludacris, bun b or anything from the south again!!???

do i need to start namin wack eastcoast songs??? or west or reggae???? come on now yall are takin dis shit too far... its not dat serious...if you dont like the music then dont support it...they obviously have their fanbase that is supportin them (the younger generation)

d4l isnt doin anything differnt..they did what they did to get their shit played and they attracted their fanbase from there now thier fanbase will take them whereva they end up in the game...

but that one song dosent give a false impression of the south...i dont like the maroonish color of this website...so illmuzik is givin a bad impression of the internet???? come on man b real d4l's song/ songs gave ppl an impression of d4l.... ja rule gave ppl an impression of ja rule...not new york....same wit jayz and nas...i fucks wit jigga cuz he sick i dont fuck wit all the music from new york just because jigga is from new york feel me yall got wack shit too everybody does...the only differnce is half the world isnt dancin to yall wack shit...

keep it real.. d4l is d4l...d4l is not the south no where near close to representin for the south...

I see what you are saying. That's not what I am saying though. If a muthafucka BLOWS the fuck up on some ABC shit, its saying that nobody is coming with hotter shit. I know and the rest of the people on this forum know what the south is really doing. I feel southern producers' animosity towards music like D4L. Laffy Taffy is the epitomy of laziness. Beat and Lyrics. For People in the south to put in a lifetime of effort only to miss the bus to this shit is a spit in the face. Producer's that have talent, such as Class(the one who started this thread) are saying, "Who the fuck are these cats, that's not what the south is about". I am Hating on the simple fact that this shit is even in the same category as hip-hop. It turns a bunch of heads the other way. Soon, mark my words, their will be a fall in the market for any hip hop acts. Watch as soon as TV/movie/anyother producers(I mean the peeps with the $$$) see that "Rap" music is no longer "cool" they will turn their heads. The pendulum is swinging away from hip-hop and that is just one more catalyst to make it happen. But WE are going to keep on doing what WE do and the real artists will stay and the people with no talent will get weeded out. Simple.

I've spoken my mind about this subject,
peace
See yall in the next thread!

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
SeveredTies said:
I see what you are saying. That's not what I am saying though. If a muthafucka BLOWS the fuck up on some ABC shit, its saying that nobody is coming with hotter shit. I know and the rest of the people on this forum know what the south is really doing. I feel southern producers' animosity towards music like D4L. Laffy Taffy is the epitomy of laziness. Beat and Lyrics. For People in the south to put in a lifetime of effort only to miss the bus to this shit is a spit in the face. Producer's that have talent, such as Class(the one who started this thread) are saying, "Who the fuck are these cats, that's not what the south is about". I am Hating on the simple fact that this shit is even in the same category as hip-hop. It turns a bunch of heads the other way. Soon, mark my words, their will be a fall in the market for any hip hop acts. Watch as soon as TV/movie/anyother producers(I mean the peeps with the $$$) see that "Rap" music is no longer "cool" they will turn their heads. The pendulum is swinging away from hip-hop and that is just one more catalyst to make it happen. But WE are going to keep on doing what WE do and the real artists will stay and the people with no talent will get weeded out. Simple.

I've spoken my mind about this subject,
peace
See yall in the next thread!

yea you gotta point there pimpin...its just that the only reason i can kinda feel where dem niggas is comin from wit dat record is because i seen the same thing with dancehall music (im jamaican)....its like a cultural thing...jamaica is a place where violence is runs wild like no otha...and recently about (2001) the music really started focusin and blowin up for the dancin....i mean dont get me wrong we been dancin for years get it dance-hall-music...but we started really blowin up world wide for the dances...years down the road dancin has got so big that all the shottas/ gangstas call a truce and go dance at an event held in da streets called "wedi wedi" no one is out there fightin n shootin ppl is just out havin a good time dancin n all dat good shit...

now...i see the same thing happenin with atlanta...people aint comin out with shoot em up shoot em down songs ONLY anymore...people is comin out with shit like...laffy taffy with a 1-2-3 beat GEARED AROUND A CERTAIN 1-2-3 """"DANCE"""" THEY DO DOWN IN ATLANTA...thats not the only song like that its prolly the one with the worse beat but its easy to do the 1 2 3 shit too...and thats what blew that song up...the dance... i mean im glad to see people bringin fun back into the music cause we all kno gangsta rap is back...so i aint mad at the laffy taffy record for that...i might b mad at it for the beat...but when yall say this shit is goin too far you need to look at the whole picture and see past the simple 1 2 3 beat that was made for the dance...i cant wrong yall if yall not knowin whats goin down with the atlanta culture n shit but ima jus show yall whats really goin down...its just a new turn the music is takin...pl are dancin that 123 or that 1-2-snap shit down there in da A...and of course the A is hot right now so the rest of the world is gonna hear it...its gonna pass eventually, but right now ppl wana dance so i say let em dance feel mi

BUT IF YALL WANA BREAK FROM DAT 123 SHIT FROM ATLANTA...CHECK OUT MY NIGGA AL GATOR FROM ATLANTA...DIS NIGGA IS ANYTHING BUT 123...HE GOT LYRICS AND FLOW...DATS MY WORD HE SIGNIN SOON WIT CRAZY FEATURES LIKE JAY-Z, ALCHEMIST, LUDACRIS, T.I., TIMBALND, AND TOO MANY MORE TO REMEMBER...TOO SHORT, YUNG BUCK J.MALICE ;) ..N MORE SO YALL ARE GONNA HEAR HIM ANYWAY...SO GO HEAD N CHECK HIS SHIT OUT NOW WHILE ITS FRESH OUT DA STUDIO...(RECORDED A COUPLE DAYS AGO)