Week of April 24, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Tricky Spinz - Nice flip, your drums sound real good. Usually, I'm out as soon as I hear the chipmunks, but I like how you pulled this off.

HDBEATS - Man! I really dig the way you did your horns. That ish getting me hyped up! Big, yeah, this is bangin.

lilhatedon - You did your thing chopping this one up.! ha, I dig the intro and I like how you did the bass. Good job, this is really dope.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
knox: yo.. that shit was beautiful... i hope that inspires everyone on here to not give up on the sample. dont even listen to Talib's joint... u can get some ideas right here.

HD: very underground, East coast, grimy, Brooklyn streets shit... u got the hood on ur side with this one. good job.

Ruimixx: i like the drum reversal change up... u took it a different rout, which is always welcome to hear. as everyone can see, vocal samples make good sounds too.

Tricky: chipmunks in the house!!! i cant hate on this, everyone is tryin to do it, and i think its here to stay. the drums go with it, and the vocal hook is great to write a song, with that as the theme. good job on it.

dmx: i think ur kick needs to be more pronounced... sounds like u was havin fun on ur equipment, with the double ups. i like the qwik guitar riffs throughout. snare sounds good. something rattlin in the background sounds cool too... must be part of the sample. good work.

da relic

Subconscious

ill o.g.
thought i'd get in on this one. http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3844442&q=hi

my reviews:

KnoxRaw - Man that is just sick. I love how u flipped this. It just grooves and even with the chops it maintains the soulfulness to it. That 50 second point is dopeness point blank.

HDBeats - Dope beat. This beat could be flipped a couple different ways by the right MC. Big's lyrics are a bit off after the first couple of lines but I see where ur going this it.

Ruimixx - I like the vocal stabs. The break fits in well too. Not really sure how i feel about the guitar but its definitely not wack.

Tricky Spinz - Feelin it! Nice laid back sound. I like how the vocal fits in there. Ur hihats make it ride nicely.

dmx - i agree with slik, the kick drum needs to come up a lot more. i like how u chopped up the sample. kinda how i did mine just with a sped up version.

HDBEATS

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
subconscious: I like the drums in this the hats are fresh man. I like the bass in this a lot, what gear are you using to create those basslines? Nice flip man gotta give you that.

Dmx: The chops are good man you just gotta get the bassdrum in the mix an the snare alittle more louder.

Tricky Spins- nice beat like what you did wit it. The vocal samples sound sick.

Knox Raw

SCLASS- JUSTPLAINOLEDON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Reviews

Just got in the crib and listened to everybody elses shit. Heres my reviews:

HD: Shit sounded like Primo was in your ear telling you when to trigger your samples. Dope Shit. Made me feel like a teenager again. Keep it Up Fam!

Ruimixx: That dum pattern was mad 80's like. Very original approach to sample. Feelin it alot. Keep it up.

Trick: I really like the drum change up. I liked how the chops are spaced out and then they catch back up.Good shit fam! BTW what up with the clown(No diss)? You tapped into my worst nightmare swith that shit.

Lil' Hate: Did you play out your bassline? That shit is blaze! I'm feeling how your chops ride the beat and the bassline fall right into place. Shit is mad mellow. Good shit.

DMX: Not bad for your first time. Good cherry poppin' material.The kick is kinda low. But, hey, I love bassline so it don't matter. Keep up the good work Fam!

Sub: Dope drums. shit got kind of an Apache feel to it. Lovely! About 1:47 and on when the chops gett NUTTY, I would have loved to hear that more in the song. Shit is straight though.

Exceptional work evrybody. I love hearing different variations on these Sample Flips. Glad to be apart of it.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Subconscious - Man, this is nice. The bass and drums really compliment the sample. Only thing I noticed at the 1:00 and 1:05 mark are some short pauses that kinda distrupts the flow of the track. But other than that I'm really feeling this one.

Peace

Subconscious

ill o.g.
glad u guys liked it :) i love the whole idea of flippin a random sample. gets the creative juices flowing. and u guys do some incredible work. glad to be in the company of such talented beatsmiths.
HDBEATS said:
what gear are you using to create those basslines?
actually the bass is from the sample. i just beefed it up a bit while eq'in.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Ruimixx: very mix man, def has a fast pace to it, a lot of energy, and i like teh guitar and vocals chops, the reversing of the chops are tight too, good work man, def feelin the flip homie

Tricky spins: oh my goodness!!!!!!! this is prob one of the hardest tracks i have heard in a while, no lie man, this is fucking blaze!!!!! you really cleaned up that sample really nice, and strings and vocals, tight man, you doing it, keep grindin

dmx: this is tight man, def like the arrangement of the guitar and the bass is really nice in this joint, gives the sample a whole new feel, good flip man, keep grindin

subconscious: wow! this is really nice man, the guitar chops are really nice, and the bass is def on point, and the drums have a lot of energy to them, nice job man, good flip!

i think i have reviewed everyones, if not let me know and i will peep it, this weeks flip is sounding really nice, everyone is coming with some heat

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Aight here we go....

I think mine turned out pretty decent. wasnt sure what to expect, sick sample graf!! I had to add some of my own strings to it for a chorus, but everything else is just the sample.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=3846386&q=hi

aiight heres the reviews..

Knox Raw
ooooh shit!! SHIT!! lol man this is off the hook. I think if this was mastered or mixed a bit better this would be perfect. I'm thinkin along the bassline, it gets real loud at that main chorus part. But still, the arrangment on this is sick as hell an that bassline commands respect. Nice work bro

HDBEATS
sup man. This is definitely raw as hell. the horns are sick, i like it when they have that lil change up after the vocal part. I think the drums could have been a bit phatter, just to completely fill out the rest of the rawness. Otherthan that though, cool flip man. Like how you fit the beat to the vocals like a glove.

Ruimixx
This was a tight flip man. I think this flowed nicely overall. The panning is good with this, gives the guitar and vocal nice placement to do their things. I think this has lots of potential if you chose to sit down and really get into it. Nice flip though man, keep doing it.

Tricky Spins
!!! daaamn man. This is the best i've heard from you. I love what the strings are doing. Drums are sick too. Might be able to hit a bit harder but they are actually pretty sick. The hihats are doing their thing. I think some faint grimey quarter note hi-hats would add a really nice feel to it along with the ones you have in there. Just me though. This is tight though man. Transitions are cool too, nice all around. props man.

Lilhatedon
almost missed yours. This is cool, i think the different pitched voices is cool and work for this. The arrangement is nice too, when its all together there with the bass going. Only thing is it's pretty low in the background an cant really hear it!! Ah it picks up a lil in the end. This is tight though man, like what you did with it, i'm feelin it.

dmx19802000
sup man, welcome to the sample flippage spot lol. chops were cool, seemed almost a lil rough cuz of the hihat rolls in the background of the sample. It works though. I almost got the impression it was countryish!! lol its all good though, i dig what you did with it. I think the drums could be a lil more defined, the kick drum was buried alive it seems. Some change ups or transitions would be nice in this, maybe experiment an try somethin outside of the box an see what comes up. Cool shit though man, hope to see you in the future sample flips.

Subconscious
Sup man. I like how this broke out. The drums were cool, they sound live even, props on programming that. the chops are clean. My fav. part is those sample pauses/slight drop outs after 50 seconds. Gives more of that hip hop feel to it. Nice job man, keep it up.

Grafik
graf what up. daaaaaaa aaaa aaamn. I like the intro and transition into the main beat. It's powerful, it sets up for something huge. I'm imaginin some hype MC just busting down the door from the get go. almost on some wutang vibes. Only thing i noticed was the "if i" gets cut off an sounds a lil abrupt. still sick though, feelin what you did with it man.

If i skipped anyone just let me know. i'll post more reviews as they come.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
5th Sequence nice chops the strings you added were a nice touch ill drum pattern my shit sounded low??? hmmn might have to look in to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online