Who's your Fav. prod. and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEJENDERY

Da Beast on da Beatz
ill o.g.
julio g. said:
Sorry to ask this but who have they made tracks for? I just want to know if I've herd theire stuff already. I'am talking about Evil D and Mr.Walt.

Damn... No offense, but if u don't know who Evil D is than u need to brush up on ya hip-hop a little.. Just go buy 1 black moon album & you'll find out...

Anyway, my personal favorite has to be Swizz, because he adapts to the MC & gives them whatever they want to hear, instead of vice versa...

f1ndforty

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
That's an easy question for me. I love music, I like 9th wonder, scram jones, needlz, etc etc. But as far as the best goes: It's Timbaland and The Heatmakerz.

NOTE: Dre. is no where near my top 10 list. Why? I like the kid; I love the kid. He has good beats, but his shit is way too scientific. All of his beats follow the same pattern, theres nothing organic about his sound i mean he just picks a drum loop and loops it as well as a 3-4hit string loop. Theres ultimately no progression throughout the tracks, and bass and drums especially virtually drive the music. I love his shit, it's just that when you're going to release a track for the entire world to hear, I don't understand how you can just play one fat loop and not progress the track anymore. It's a shame.

But Timbaland, pure fire. Heatmakerz, pure insanity. They can manipulate virtually any vocal sample into sounding how the want it to. Shit is crazy, I mean most of their melodies are driven by sample vocals, then accented by their insanely progressive drums. Even they have one big loop going, but inside that big loop theres about 4 main individual drum loops that alternate, and a few bridges as well. And the ever-so-frequent let the track trip with theyre crazy repeat drum styles. love it love it shits so hot. Timbaland has the "I can actually make my own beats from scratch" department down, and on lock. And The Heatmakerz have the "We sample and we show you how to do it right" department down. I mean for me, it's all I need in music it's the two opposite ends in the industry almost.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
classic said:
Organized noise ---casue they are true musicans and can do it all, they aint one demsional... I model myself after them
I thought I was the only who knew that or knew who they were

P

pipol

Sup,

J Dilla: One of the greatest ever. His drums, his basslines, his chopping ability, his versality from sample to synth, his catalog... his influence on major acts like D'Angelo, Erykah badu, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, Common.. his work for Slum Village, Q-Tip etc... Too bad he had to go away so soon.

O

open mind

uhhhhhm... hard question.

Pete Rock,DJ Premier,Just Blaze,Alchemist,Scot Storch,Dr.Dre,Lil Jon,Kanye West,Timbaland,9th Wonder,Heatmakerz and the producer from 3 6 Mafia.....and so many more great producers in this game.but if i would have the oportunity to have only one beat from one of this dudes then my pick would be uhhhhhm....

Just Blaze
his beats have Xtra Energy.he makes beats that pushes the best outta a MC

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Hip Hop & R&B - Kanye, Neptunes, Just Blaze, Alchemist, Dre, Cool & Dre, whoever produced tha De La Soul Albums, Tribe albums & D'angelo albums, Organized Noise and Primo.

Other Genres - Gorrilaz, Neptunes, No Doubt and others i cant remember.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im not gonna come different, my favorite is definitely alchemist...

but one of my favorites who isnt big at all is rain from jew jersey... dude is ill as hell.

check the third track on this page "lawncrest"
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=14923706

Heres rains actualy page here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5223973

and no, i dont work for him, or even know him, im just feeling his style and yall should check him out.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
julio g. said:
Sorry to ask this but who have they made tracks for? I just want to know if I've herd theire stuff already. I'am talking about Evil D and Mr.Walt.

two of the illest producers ever, they make some hot shit, heard of buckshot, smif n wesson, sean price, originoo gunn clappaz, small record label called duckdown records, been putting it down since 93', check out they shit www.duckdown.com

T

T.R.DOZIER

1.scott Storch
2.dr.dre
3.mannie Fresh
4.just Blaze
5.heatmakerz
6.alchemist
7.kanye West
8.dj Nasty
9.carnival Beatz
10.t.r.dozier

Not In No Paticular Order All These Ma Fuckas Just Do They Thing An Inspire Me.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Iiight my 2 cents go out to the man Madlib, his style is so dope.. real rugged with mega hiss in it.. I love his beats...

Just wondered why hardley anyone is mentioning him... IMO he's capable of making anything work in less then 30 min.

MADLIB

I

Infamous_

DJ Premier
Pete Rock
Just Blaze
Alchemist
RZA
Prince Paul
Easy Mo Bee

man and more theres alot.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ originality doesnt just mean not sampling. plenty of sampling producers are way more original that pharrel. wayyyyyy. pharrel is cool, and hes consistent, but im not sure hes very original. i could be wrong though.

MPCaddict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i gotta say my favorite producer is Primo

I like the way his drums are different than many other producers. He can make anything banging and dude definitely stays in the game.

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
havoc..alchemist... the rza, reason cause there shit is made for mcees to make the music the way it should be..

Status
Not open for further replies.