Why are racial discussions banned??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know racism aint going away anytime soon, I aint even trying to get rid of racism, its an impossible mission to me.
But every mission however big has to have a small beginning, the mission for me is to have intelligent discussion with other people that think about stuff. My original post was pointing out how in such a short space of time the two threads we had about racial humour had amassed many replies, which would indicate a popular subject for discussion, I was asking the question why we should not have them.

In this world we are all different people, we all have different views and our own outlooks, there are opinions to cover every subject varying from one extreme to another. When one extreme meets another extreme at the opposite end of the scale there is conflict, in life there are people that we will just never get along with. A clash of personalities occurs. Its ying and yang. Its a rule of the universe that cannot be changed, its also something that makes everything work. Scientists call it "equal and opposite reaction" "for every positive there must be a negative"
Its our wildly varying opinions and personalities that make the world work, otherwise the world would be full of people that were all the same, nothing would be exciting or scary, nothing would be amazing, we would not progress as a society if we were all thinking exactly the same thing and looked identical.
The fact is that we are all different, thats what makes our life experience a unique and valuable thing. No 2 lifetimes will ever be the same. Diversity is what makes the human race but yet instead of embracing diversity we create conflicts based on lines of difference, whether its race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or domination. Thus the thing that makes us so great, becomes our biggest enemy.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
nobody said anything about someone being racist on this thread...my debate is that racism isn't humorous. I couldnt care less what people talk about...as far as us going back and forth on people ever talking about it, well thats not my rule, its your internet bosses rule, you need to go back and forth with him over that. youre acting as if I made the rule and I didnt...that rule was in place when I got here back in 03.

you say you understand my stand but youre still pointing at me saying Im the bad guy...if standing on whats right is bad then so be it, Im not gonna through my hand in just because of that.

dac

nobody said anything about someone being racist on this thread...my debate is that racism isn't humorous. I couldnt care less what people talk about...as far as us going back and forth on people ever talking about it, well thats not my rule, its your internet bosses rule, you need to go back and forth with him over that. youre acting as if I made the rule and I didnt...that rule was in place when I got here back in 03.

you say you understand my stand but youre still pointing at me saying Im the bad guy...if standing on whats right is bad then so be it, Im not gonna through my hand in just because of that.

dac
I know you beleive strongly about racism, I dont expect you change your opinion, I respect your stand and your position, it provides an alternative veiwpoint which is necessary in a free balanced discussion.
I would think less of you if you just went on and agreed with the common viewpoint just to be part of the crowd.
We are unique freethinking entities, school makes us just a part of the crowd, programmed with preset social ideologies, our differences make us white/black/asian etc , straight/gay, native/foreign, we are forever pidgeon holed and categorised, STEREOTYPED. Our herdlike mentality is ingrained in school when we make fun of anyone that is different to the group. Hence my ingrained need to only buy nike trainers(us read: sneakers) and no other brand. I had to comply with the expected norms.

I applaud your standpoint.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
my whole thing is that nobody has offended anyone else in these threads .. i have never seen a personal attack, or a blantantly racist statement by ANYONE on here. IMO nobody has crossed the line. The issue here is that we are somehow "wrong" for even discussing race. Whats silly is that we are not even arguing on the topic of race itself, the whole arugment is just whether or not we can speak freely or make jokes/humor about our differences. I really dont see what is wrong with that. Some people feel we should "censor" this type of thing but my argument is that censorship doesnt solve shit. Did prohibition stop people from getting alcohol? .. naw it just made the bootleggers rich and made crime skyrocket. Dac i think ur taking ur stance in the wrong place. This is forum about hip hop. hip hop is all expressions and opinions. These topics are funny cuz we can see SOME of these traits in ourselves. The whole idea is to break down barriers and laugh about ourselves. I do alot of the shit that was posted in the white people thread lol. So reading that it was funny... and im sure stress and relic have some "black" habits too. Threads like that actually bring everybody closer (no homo) and if u look carefully u see both black and white people posting in BOTH threads. Reading through the threads , I see no negative intent or "racist" motives behind anyones posts. the so called "peacekeepers" and "humanitarians" seem to be the ones starting the most arguments. Racist is a strong word. I dont think anyone on a hip hop production forum is a racist person.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Actually we have to keep this thread open so that a couple of folks dont mess up the white people black people threads which are comedy , this one is for pissing and moaning, so if you dont want to piss and moan or be self righteous then I wouldnt keep posting or reading over here! :-D

(ducks)

Ash my battle is in the right place^^^other than that, I cosign with you. Noone was offended, noones feelings were hurt, in a couple of months my wife, kid and I going to QC to treat Relic and his wife and kids out to the finest dinning that QC has to offer, all on me. Thats how I get down...and thats some ILL hip hop for ya right dere.

dac

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Ash my battle is in the right place^^^other than that, I cosign with you. Noone was offended, noones feelings were hurt, in a couple of months my wife, kid and I going to QC to treat Relic and his wife and kids out to the finest dinning that QC has to offer, all on me. Thats how I get down...and thats some ILL hip hop for ya right dere.

dac

HAHAHA I made that post so you'd keep yelling! LOLOLOL(<--and I actually did lol!)

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
yo ominous!! yo i got the beat done for boss ni55a!!lmao!!!!
holla@me hahah!!
its up for a limited time so go check it out!!!!LMao
got i done like 4 hour ago just heard it again!!hahaha
its called boss!
http://www.myspace.com/wawbeatz

real basic!!! still a rough draft!!LMAO!! listen to the whole thang!!

::: DOWNLOADED :::

You sir are quick on the draw. The ending was hilarious.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Dac you're not the bad man here, I am.

Okey Dokey, Ash please, I wasn't making an attack on you with what I said and I'm certainly not preaching. Cause I have a different opinion from you and I express it doesn't mean I think you have to change. I respect your opinion but I have a different viewpoint.

Nobody is claiming to be "free from sin" or perfect here at all. I just don't see why I should be judging other people based on their genetic makeup. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Not everything I said is aimed at you personally, I'm talking generally.

You did say that the blog is accurate, and I gave my opinion on why I think it isn't. For the record I find the Black people post just as offensive for reasons I've already stated.

The interracial dating/marriage scenario you described says a lot about where you are coming from. In Australia that sort of scenario is so common most people wouldn't even notice. I am aware that Hasidic jews have their own cultural ideas that exclude anyone from outside their group but besides groups like that Australia is much more integrated than a lot of other countries; so to me your example just doesn't make a lot of sense. In fact most people I know are now or have been in an interracial relationship. Of course if I said Australia was without racism that would be ridiculous but some of the attitudes and behaviours that you might take for granted are considered by most reasonable people to be unwelcome.

When large groups of people from the same place immigrate to Australia they often tend to live in the same areas but they don't become these completely racially segregated "ghettos" that exist elsewhere in the world. You'll find that the longer a group has been in Australia the less they are likely to choose to live like that. Of course I'm making broad generalisations here but I'm just trying to explain to you people that the situation between races where you come from is not necessarily that which exists elsewhere.

I have never lived somewhere that was an exclusively "white" area; I've always been surrounded by people of all racial types. I'm not some wanker that says they don't see race cause that's just bullshit. I see it and I love the fact that we're all different.

I think that if we could all talk about this in person we could see where each other is coming from; and I would hope that if Dac or I were present and you were indulging in some racial comedy that if we asked you to stop it cause we found it offensive that you would have enough respect to do that.

I'm not going to change my opinion because I'm in a minority and you all think I need to. I don't understand why you all have to feel threatened by a differing viewpoint. Stating our opinion does not constitute starting an argument or acting like some fucking missionary or whatever other scathing critique you have.

I don't know what's better for everybody but I have some idea of what's better for myself and judging people or making assumptions based on their race is something I don't want to do. Maybe we do all have some racism in us but that doesn't mean we should accept that. I want to be a better person than that.

Sorry that you can't respect what I have to say and have to read ulterior motives into my words. I'm not "pre-judging" anyone's words. I take it as it comes. If I misunderstood anyone then I'm sorry.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Wow that was a long well thought out letter, I take it you havent picked up another teaching gig yet! LOL
Now lemme ask you this, "Down under" do you mean to tell me that it is that integrated but no one laughs and jokes with each other about the cultural diff?
Because I been in an interacial relationship for damn near 10 years or so and thats about all we do all the time and we have a great time with it. All my friends (and I cant think of many white friends I have ) do it all the time.
Yall remind me of the southpark episode I watched last night where Timmy is fronting a rock band and there are people who think that "Its just awful" how people are "Making fun of and laughing " at him, when in fact everybody is surprised and likes him doing it.
Trying to control how the majority of people feel and 2 people dictating, that what the rest of us find to be bonding, you say is insulting. lol
In fact I submt to you that if you guys HADNT freaked that neither thread including this one would be as long as they are and by Sat would have been forgotten entirely!!
LOL
But yall still fam!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Trying to control how the majority of people feel and 2 people dictating, that what the rest of us find to be bonding, you say is insulting. lol
In fact I submt to you that if you guys HADNT freaked that neither thread including this one would be as long as they are and by Sat would have been forgotten entirely!!
LOL
But yall still fam!

Ok its time to have some fun with this...

you said..."Trying to control how the majority of people feel and 2 people dictating, that what the rest of us find to be bonding, you say is insulting. lol"

Starting with the words "2 people dictating", picture that...Sincock and I dictating what the majority of you all feel...now that is REALLY funny, 2 vs 20...but the 2 are dictators, Ive said it over and over, Im not trying to change your minds on anything you feel, Once again, we're all against racism aren't we? Moving on...

Then you said..."In fact I submt to you that if you guys HADNT freaked that neither thread including this one would be as long as they are and by Sat would have been forgotten entirely!!"

1st, I haven't "freaked" about anything, if you go back and look at my first post you will find that I only stated my opinion which was that I understood what Sincock was saying and feeling. Now go back and look at your first answer to my opinion...ahhh you will find that YOU are the one that "freaked"! Moving on...

2nd, have you forgotten that threads are made to voice your opinions? or Are you dictating how and what we should feel and say? Heres some dictation for you..."neither thread including this one would be as long as they are and by Sat would have been forgotten entirely!!" or are you not dictating the length of the thread?

Relic, youre killing yourself, youre putting your very own words against yourself, heyell I don't even need to debate this with you because youre doing it for me...lol. I mean its Dac and Relic vs Relic right now. Moving on...

I know that each and everyone of you know that racism is wrong. The issue here is that Sincock and I (and most of you with common sense) see the racism in both list, you guys are calling it exceptable humor and we are calling it a form of racism. Its the same freaking thing! Check your pulse and wake up.

dac

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
well sincock thats cool that australia is some kind of "haven" with no prejudice and no ghettos. thats great. America, particullry new york, is not. Over here the diffrences are clear cut and standout like sore thumbs. Where I live is all blacks. U go only three blocks east and u get into bushwick and heavy latin territory. Half a mile west u hit hacidic jew nation. Further west u hit Park slope/Brooklyn Heights where its basically white people. U go north from bedstuy and u hit Crown Heights which is mostly carribean and some black americans. In dyker hights u have italians, some irish and lots of chineese. NO blacks for miles. Brooklyn is Very territoial and segregated. Not to where its dangerous or anything even remoitely close to that, but any fool could tell that they are HUGE cultural diffrences from neigborhood to neighborhood. Harlem is the same way to a somehwat lesser degree.. the lower part is mostly whites, than u have spanish harlem on the eastside.. go further up and thats black people. around 145th or so in Washington Heights is where u see the heavy domican section. Then upper manhattan and lower bronx is mostly puerto rican mixed with other latin countires. Trust me its clear as day. A blind man could see the diffrence in cultures neghboorhood to neighborhood.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
well sincock thats cool that australia is some kind of "haven" with no prejudice and no ghettos. thats great. America, particullry new york, is not. Over here the diffrences are clear cut and standout like sore thumbs. Where I live is all blacks. U go only three blocks east and u get into bushwick and heavy latin territory. Half a mile west u hit hacidic jew nation. Further west u hit Park slope/Brooklyn Heights where its basically white people. U go north from bedstuy and u hit Crown Heights which is mostly carribean and some black americans. In dyker hights u have italians, some irish and lots of chineese. NO blacks for miles. Brooklyn is Very territoial and segregated. Not to where its dangerous or anything even remoitely close to that, but any fool could tell that they are HUGE cultural diffrences from neigborhood to neighborhood. Harlem is the same way to a somehwat lesser degree.. the lower part is mostly whites, than u have spanish harlem on the eastside.. go further up and thats black people. around 145th or so in Washington Heights is where u see the heavy domican section. Then upper manhattan and lower bronx is mostly puerto rican mixed with other latin countires. Trust me its clear as day. A blind man could see the diffrence in cultures neghboorhood to neighborhood.

Woah there, don't put words in my mouth. Of course Australia has prejudice but it's not territorial and segregated like where you're from. That was my point.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
yeah man its actually quite interesting to see.. where i grew up , upstate in the burbs, cultures were more blended so it was a bit of shock to see the diffrent sections of brooklyn so "out there" and obvious like that .. u should come and check it out if u ever get the chance .. its something to see for sure.

lol .. i just realized my mental map of brooklyn was upside-down lmao .. every direction i said is opposite lol ..

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
yeah man its actually quite interesting to see.. where i grew up , upstate in the burbs, cultures were more blended so it was a bit of shock to see the diffrent sections of brooklyn so "out there" and obvious like that .. u should come and check it out if u ever get the chance .. its something to see for sure.

lol .. i just realized my mental map of brooklyn was upside-down lmao .. every direction i said is opposite lol ..

I'd love to do that one day.

That's one of the strange things about living here for me. There's very little diversity at all just Chinese everywhere, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.